We just rceived our first royalty checks and it just does not add up. I calculated my decimal interest(Size of Your Property/Size of Unit × % of Your Mineral Ownership × Royalty %
from your Oil or Gas Lease = Your Decimal Interest in the Unit...is this correct?). It came to 0.00061044. Encana and Shell are in a partnership each claiming they pay 1/2 of royalties on our well. Encana pulled103,474 mcf and paid 1/2 (0.00030522) of our decimal interest for that portion. Shell pulled 133,558 mcf and paid 1/2 (0.00030522) of our decimal interest. These are two different pulls for the same month. Should'nt I be getting 1/2 from Shell and half from Encana for the 133,558 mcf that Shell sold and 1/2 from Shell and half from Encana for the 103,474 that Encana sold? Or should each be paying the decimal interest amount of 0.00061044 for each of their sales? I took the numbers and figured mysef and should have received twice that had there only been one company paying full royalty.

Tags: Question, about, payments, royalty

Views: 587

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Donna
I am about to e-mail you pics of your well.
Thanks Donna....i missed the 1/24th part!
Hi Jeff, The well was listed as active on 4-20-2010. I am assuming that means any production from the 20th to the 30th since the checks were for the month of April. Since we (Charles and Myself) own 1/24 each of the 49.9 acres the total amount would apply to about 2 acres for that production month.
Hi there. I have a well in Sec. 9 that supposedly became active on 4/15 that EnCana drilled. I am leased to Chesapeake on that property. lookds like my proceeds would have shown up by now beings y'all became active on 4/20. Hmmmm.......
Donna, you should be expecting a check soon...gas royalties can take as much as 3 months to start which means they will always be about 3 months behind.
Yes, Charles. That is what I was expecting. I've been watching my mailbox ever since you said you had received yours. I was originally thinking mid July. Your stamps must have been faster than mine, LOL!
Hi Donna, Your latest Shreveport scout report reads completed WOSP. I guessed that WOSP means waiting for the state potiential report to be filed by the state. I actually called the Shreveport District office at 318-676-7585 and politely asked if there was any news they could share regarding the state potential, like how much it potientialed for. The lady told me that they are way behind, but since I called she would go ahead and place it on the Engineer's desk to be processed. It was posted on Sonris within 10 days. We received our checks shortly after that. I can't say for a fact that is why we got them when we did. The lady was very nice and maybe she can give you some information. I also read that Encana had applied for 7 more alternate unit wells in section 9 and 3. Isn't there also a pipeline in progress for these sections? Could this be the hold up?
Good info! Where do you access this Shreveport scout report? You are correct about the 7 additional alternate wells in my section. They contacted many of us land owners about signing an affidavit that we were in favor of these 7 wells. They were having to go in front of the La. Dept. of Conservation head to present the applications. That was supposed to be June 10. I need to find out how that went. SONRIS now says the well was potentialed on 5/14. I do know that the well potentialed very good as Les B shared that info. You know how SONRIS runs a little behind. Overworked which is a good thing! My understanding is that the pipeline is in place. Thanks for sharing. I may have to make a call.
Donna, every well file available on SONRIS Lite has a "Well Scout" section where periodic reports on the status are posted from permit to completion. There is also a weekly Well Scout Report for all wells updated every Thursday.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/sonris_help_center/forum/to...

The June 10 hearing likely resulted in a Field Order approving the alternate unit wells however the field orders are not available on SONRIS Lite as the are on SONRIS Classic. See this link that tutorial.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/group/sonris_help_center/forum/to...
Skip, thanks so much for the help!
Hi Donna,
Your field order was posted on LDNR website on 6/29/10 at 5:03 pm. You can search documents from the link on sonris.com. It is under document access. It will take you to LDNR website. http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch/busfunctions.aspx
I found the page(field order attached) by selecting regulatory, field order, put in field code and date, check the box to get associated documents. Congratulations!! You may be getting lots of that mailbox money!
Attachments:

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service