Anyone have a clue what the new find is going to be?

Views: 828

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Okay so I guess the question will be what does this means for us Haynesville Shalers...

nothing. until gas prices rise, continue to expect the HA to become less active as leasholds are HBP

This is from an OLD HK presentation.

It reminds me of lyrics from a song, "you say it best .......... when you say nothing at all".

I don't know if it has anything to do with this rumor, but it sure looks to me like HK is saying that the area to the NE of this map has EUR's in the 10BCF per well and a whole lot bigger core.

OR HAVE I BEEN SEEING THINGS?

Bobi,

What's the date on that presentation? Do you have a link? I'd be curious to compare their estimates to some of the results of the wells now that we've had more drilling and production.

I sure wish they'd overlay those maps with the major highways for reference sake.

You don't need highways.  You got something much better.  Township/section lines for the LA. side of the Play.  Also if you wish to compare the accuracy of the map to completed HA wells you will need the Bossier Shale Petrohawk EUR Core map.  They are both included in the same Petrohawk corporate presentation available on their website.

And you have a link to that presentation Skip? Funny I was actually just deciphering that map above with a group of other maps including STR. When I blow that map above up it gets blurry though and I can't make out the section numbers on it.

I don't have a link.  I downloaded copies of both maps when they first came out and use both daily.  No need to blow it up, just find a good reference and draw the lines in yourself.  The easiest point of reference is the point where the LA./TX. state line begins to follow the Sabine River channel at Logansport. Compare that to a good map with section lines.  I use Mapsco's The Roads of Louisiana - Updated & Improved - $19.95.

Skip,

Is this the presentation you were referring too?

http://www.petrohawk.com/pdf_files/section2.pdf

I just had the Louisiana Gazetteer out and some other maps, counting sections over etc. I use the top line of Bienville Parish which is about even with I-20 and some of the known lakes as landmarks as a reference. It got me pretty close.

I actually like Chesapeake's map better in this presentation - only because it tells me what I want to hear. :-)

http://www.aade.org/mid/presentations/2010TechSymp/AADE%20-%20Hayne...

The same here a better copy would be awesome.

HMI, I have just updated the collection of operator maps.

http://www.gohaynesvilleshale.com/forum/topics/haynesville-shale-ma...

Thanks Les. I see Penn Virginia on there. I'm not familiar with them. Are they a player here under that name or a different name maybe?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service