Rumor from the Lowe's parking lot. Guess who's comming to town. Hint (the big DOG)

Spoke with a compressor service man for Exxon/Mobil about when they would start drilling the Haynesville play. He said that in the last few days the field hands were told that 2 rigs were being brought in from Colorado. I did not get a time table but his assumption was that they would be drilling soon.

Views: 114

Replies to This Discussion

Who's doing the leasing for Exxon/Mobil (the landman)? Does anyone know? MK
Do they need to do any leasing, Hotdoc? They hold acreage all over East Texas...
Question(?)

I just found out that my family owns the mineral rights to some old Mobil oil wells just North of Nacogdoches up in Rusk County (112 acre) ... they were depleted and capped back in mid to late 1960 or early 1970's... does the company (Mobile) retain the mineral leases that they bought back then due to the fact they had these two producing wells for many years? From what I understood, they were both fairly shallow verticles by todays standards, so I assume the Cotton Valley, Bossier, Haynesville, and others(?) can all still be accessed from these sites (or the wells reopened and completed to deeper and horizonal depths). Is any of this feasible and how would you go about finding out anything about it?
If the wells have been capped the leases should have expired and are not HBP therefore should be available to lease. Check the leases
Where would someone go to find information on these leases... RRCT or ???
Courthouse of the county the land is in. If in Nacogdoches, go to Texaslandrecords.com
Thank you for the information... has there been any increase in leases in Nacogdoches county yet? We had a couple in Shelby and one in San Augustine extended, but nothing new has come in yet.
check the leases means check your leases to see what is said about leases expiring at what point in time all activity is cap and there is no longer production from any wells. Some operators file release for record at county clerks office some do not depending on wording in your lease. If all wells capped your leases should be available to lease and if there is activity in area any landman would know the minerals would be available to lease.
Adubu... thanks, yeah we have have already been contacted about the deeper rights up in Rusk county... One of the major players that the family already has leases with, so I figure we will get a good deal with them and a couple of other tracts up there. I think all of our Nacogdoches acerage is leased now... still have a lot in lower San Augustine (most out of the play) and some in Rusk, Shelby and Panola to go. Still waiting to see what O'brien is going to go with the Little lease wells and what we will get out of them. Appreciate the input on your neck of the woods.
May be too early to say what is "out of the play" in San Augustine County unless it's down on the Jasper line.
Good point jffree1. Bill R what makes you think lower SA County is out of the play? Just curious. Thanks.
We were once told that our holdings H. Williams, J. Shipp, T & D Lindsey down in lower San Augustine county didn't have any real value as they lie outside of the paying shale plays.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service