Is there any news on the EnCana Sabine 12h-1 & 2 rig?  Was told it would be on site and begin drilling soon.

Views: 2167

Replies to This Discussion

Skip,

It was reported this week on another Board that the Sabine Rig, Trinidad #125, had completed drilling both wells and was moving to another location this week.  Are you able to confirm?  Just curious and looking for confirmation.

Thanks,

Red Thornton

Red, my information comes from the RigData weekly rig report.  The rigs report to the service on Fridays and then the weekly report is sent out sometime Friday evening.

Trinidad Drilling Rig #125 reported 22 days Drilling Ahead on the Sabine 12H #2, 9/26.

Skip,

What is the typical timetable to frack a well?  The laterals on Sabine 1 & 2 were suppose to be around 7000 feet.  I heard this week that fracking had begun, at least on one well.  After they complete the fracking I believe they have to drill out the plugs.  Any words of wisdom on how long from this point to production?  Thanks!

William, time depends on number of stages.  If the 7000' lateral length is correct that would be approximately 24 stages.  Not including set up I'd say about ten days without any hiccups.  That's an estimate from other plays with similar lateral lengths.  I haven't seen any announcements on frac days from any of the TMS operators.

And then the question is, after frac operations are completed, how long before operator starts to flow the well back.

I believe that most operators will be flaring gas early during flowback while they produce some oil. But are they then shutting in wells to wait on pipeline hook ups or are they continuing to flare the gas?

Good point, Rick Man..  I don't recall any comments by the TMS operators in regard to pipeline access and suspect that the wells are being flared owing to the fact there is insufficient natural gas to make gas production profitable and the majority of wells are Wildcat and as such are likely located in areas with little existing infrastructure.

Thanks for the information guys.  You have been very informative and helpful.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service