I attended the hearing this afternoon for Samson's application for 10 units in North Shreveport. Samson did not have a specific company representative present but attorney Smelley presented along with geologist Joe Adams. Two or three independent landmen, working for Samson were there but did not answer any questions. I was not given a percentage for leased acreage but they did admit that some sections had 0% leased minerals. I questioned how they could apply for a permit without leasing any land or doing any test wells. Was told it was standard procedure. I objected to combining downhole production for CV and HA and was told it would be noted but Samson wanted to use the CV for shelf life for depleted HA to increase pressure. To the question of horizontal drilling experience the attorney and geologist was sure Samson had drilled horizontal wells but couldn't name any and stated that they were "just" the operator and would contract with experienced drilling companies. So, it appears that a company with limited horizontal drilling experience, few leased acres and no test well logs for geo info is applying for a permit for over 6000 acres. The meeting was well attended, standing room only and took over an hour.

Views: 182

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Skip, that is why I created my own list. In the event that an application hearing is scheduled, I can use my list as a comparison. If there are any discrepancies, I can contact each landowner that may have been overlooked, and inform them of the hearing.
KB, all hearings are public. They are annouce in the paprer and on the internet. They are posted at the courthouse.

The hearings are not secret little meetings.
these are highly respected local oil and gas PROFESSIONALS with decades of experience. Where did you get your geology and law degree from. The greed of small landowners who have missed the boat never ceases to amaze me.
JEFF THOMPSON, I have read these posts for a while now and the longer people are waiting for the cash cow to come home the more distain we seem to hear for the Oil & Gas Companies. The men everyone are speaking poorly of have been responsible for more wells than all of these "experts" combined. It's time for some of the people to realize this. As for name changing to make yourself a funny guy, very small of you. John
at least i am man enough to use my real name
here is what going to happen on the samson block
(1) they drill vertical wells @ 100 mcfpd that will never payout
(2) if the econ of hay shale rebounds (you tell me when that is) they drlll 8 $8,000,000 wells over what time period.
(3) when you go to collect your non consent they will ask you to provide them with a title opinion from someone like MR SMELLEY to prove you own anything(that will not cost much)
OR(4) decide that dealing with experts that post 307 times to a message board are not worth the trouble and never drill.
good luck with your gas empire. No more posts from me i am going back to finding production instead of just living on it
I am still "very unclear" about forced pooling. I can't seem to find anyone who has actually been through this. Attempts to find and O&G lawyer who is well versed on this has been futile. Receptionists reluctantly admit that this is a learn as you go process for their bosses and I don't want to pay for an expensive education for a lawyer. I was unable to attend the meeting on Wednesday but it sounds like the foxes were busy explaining why they needed in the hen house.

If a person remains a hold out and then is forced into a pool, what then?
I read about a pro rata share based on surface area....but what about the expense side?
Are expenses based on drilling, pipeline or what?
If all is legit wouldn't all my royalty be better than 1/4?

If somebody out there can tell me why 100% of something isn't better than 25%.......?
Can O&G companies cook the books so as to make it unprofitable for the MR owners?
Help me understand...please!
What does becoming a partner involve?
Does anybody know landowners who have been both routes?
You don't get 100%

You get 100%-expenses.

You get no money until the well is Paid For. You also pay monthly expenses to operate the well.

You get no signing bonus.

Its a personal choice.
if you participate you are protected by the same agreements that the working interest owners are.
Where are the proposed 10 units going to be in North Shreveport? I am in s22 t19 r15 and our section has not yet been unitized.
Thanks, Grice. Figures, we're left out again.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service