Section 009-09N-12W now has one well drilled, two wells drilling, and eight more wells permitted.  WOW!!!!!  Drill baby drill!

Views: 2087

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations, grasshopper.  Please take a closer look and let us know which are Haynesville Shale wells and which are Bossier Shale wells.

Skip, it looks like Jimmy Ray Brown 9H 002 Alt will be a Haynesville Shale well, since the first one was stated to be a Bossier Shale well.  Both laterals are shown together on the map that was sent to me.

This map shows seven more pairs of dotted lines in the unit.  This looks like to me that each pair represents one Hainesville well and one Bossier well.  Unless someone tells us, we will never know, for I think all of them, so far, are permitted for 12,000' TVD.

The plat for Field Order 498-B-11shows the existing unit well (Jimmy Ray Brown 9H-1) and the locations for 7 Alternate Unit Wells.  All are Haynesville wells spaced according to the requirements on the LOC meaning no horizontal lateral is closer than 330' from a unit boundary and no two well laterals in the unit are closer than 660'.  These are not well permits.  They are advanced approval for the location of alternate unit wells.  Permit applications must still be presented and approved by the LOC.  So far EnCana has permitted just one, the Jimmy Ray Brown 9H - 2 Alt.

The Theresa Spears 9H Alt 1 well is drilling now.  This is one of the 7 proposed alt wells along with Jimmy Ray Brown 9H - 2 Alt.  The 7 alt wells, all permitted, are Jimmy Ray Brown 2 (#240294), Theresa Spears ALT 1, 2, 3 (#'s 242752, 242753, 242754) and Deanna Sistrunk 9 ALT 1, 2, 3 (#'s 242750, 242751, 242715). 

Thanks for the correction, Donna.  I was looking solely at the unit order.  From a review of the Jimmy Ray Brown 9H - 1, I suspect that it may be a Bossier well.  The Completion Report lists the major formations in the well log as follows:  Mid Bossier - 12,068'.  Base of Mid Bossier - 12,269', Haynesville - 12,583', Base of Haynesville - 12,744'.  The JRB #1 lists a TVD of 12,100'.  All the permits regardless of name list 12,000' TVD and 18,000' MD.  That's pretty standard.  The actual TVD and MD will be unknown until completion reports are posted.  Then based on the formation depths it should be possible to determine which wells are HA and which BO as their TVD's will be different by greater than 314'.

Thanks Donna.  Note that Theresa Spears ALT 4,5,6 (#'s 243313, 243314, 243315) were permitted on 27 May 2011.

Thanks, Uncle G.  Our documents went to Daddy's address.  Lisa found them in the mailbox last weekend.  I am giving Liskow & Lewis a call today to clear up.  It is simply amazing how long a deceased person receives mail!  A waste of MANY trees.

Donna, three more showed on the Permitted Well list today.  That makes 14.  They are SN nos. 243411, 243412, and 243413.  These are Deanna Sistrunk 9 H alternates 004, 005, and 006.  Looks good, doesn't it!

Uncle G 

Yeah, Baby.  Lookin' good.  I guess it was a yes with LOC board on the 14th.  Thanks for the #'s.  Do you know how long permits are good for?

When we left the reunion that Sunday, we went up Bolivar Road to get some pics of the Frank Fox 6, which the Community Center is in.  The rig was gone.  Looked like it was finished drilling.  Any update that you have heard on it?

Permits are good for 6 months,usually, but I think the company can pay extra and get a 12 month permit. I don't know for sure.

I heard by the grapevine that ENCANA was setting surface casing on all six Theresa Spears wells.  If that is the case then I guess that they can show them as 'waiting on another rig" and finish drilling them whenever they want to.  I wish that SONRIS would show the spud dates in a timely manner, don't you.

Uncle G

Skip, here's the plat  showing the request for alternate unit wells by ENCANA. ( If we're doing this thing right.)
Attachments:
grasshopper, it's the same  plat I reviewed as part of the Field Order mentioned above.  The Jimmy Ray Brown wells are about 50' apart on the most westerly pad.  I haven't looked at the specific surface locations for the others but it's likely the Theresa Spears wells are the other two surface locations shown.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service