Was contacted to seismograph property. What is the going price per acre for this?

Views: 379

Replies to This Discussion

We were offered $35.00 per acre.  I'm concerned with damages.  We have horses on this property and I would want to know if they restore the holes or do they at least alert you to where they are. Where we presently live in Nacogdoches County,  was seismographed years age (according to a neighbor) and we now have a large hole, that we know is over 50' deep, we have had to put cross ties over it so the horses won't break a leg.

To R. Ward & Adubu......is the company Dawson?  We have that clause in the contract that says if paying different price to someone else, they must pay us the same.  We also put the damage clauses in our contract, we DID NOT sign the contract they sent....

That is what makes this sight soooo great, for the people (like myself) that do not know all the ends and outs of this business can compare situations to others in their area, obtain very knowlegable information from the many folks on here who do know and understand much more about this stuff.....Thanks to all of you who do take time out of your day to explain to "dummies" (meaning me)......LOL

Laurie

I need to find out the company name, Dawson does not sound familiar, we are leased to XTO, but the company contacted my father-in-law (he has acreage adjoining ours) and he relayed the info to us. Will find out who the company is.
Seitel Data is company that did ours completed last month across East Central Nacgodoches County in Martinsville area

adubu, can't you ask for additional compensation, over the per acre pay, for each shot hole drilled on your land? 

R. Ward, I have horses so I understand your concerns.  I think I would, first, be having a conversation with the lease agent about those concerns.  If you don't get satisfactory answers there... talk to your attorney about what your rights are and what language is needed for your protection.  You might want to do that anyhow. 

I don't think they are in the habit of closing the holes, at least on uninhabited rural acreage, and I don't know how they differ on active farm land.  That is an issue that would have to be addressed in the lease to make it happen, I think.

jfreel1--you can ask for everything what addition you can get varies to how good you can negotiate. They where to close the holes on my property but have not been down to check yet
We received $20 acres for land near Patroon...BEWARE, of the damage they may do...We have trees and they cut a lot down doing the sesmic testing...They came back and paid damages...Wished I had the trees and never had sign for the sesmic testing...
Is that what all the flags are for in northwest shelby county.  My place is northwest of Timpson and there are survey flags everywhere. I also hear they are going to survey Timpson soon. Is all this for seismograph?
  RJ, they are going to look very deep in 3D and they are going to do more work in Joaquin Area.  They did mine in '09 and they are going to do all of it over.  One can ask and receive $25. per acre; I would like them to be certain to fill up holes, and I would have someone supervise while they are around.  It is always good to have an interested party, public relations, take care of fences, gates, animals, etc.  Also, if one has a water well, I would ask them to have it checked and reported to me and I would ask that it is done again after completion.  In addition, I would not want that done too close to any structure such as a good barn and/or home, sewer.  Perhaps, you men know more about that than a woman; however, I have had a class in "School Plant--Bldg. Maintenance"   and dealt with that type job description for many years.  If you speak to the one handling your paperwork , he will discuss the work and purpose in the Joaquin Area.     

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service