does any one know which wells in the Joaquin Field have tested the Haynesville/Bossier shale?

Tags: field, in, joaquin, shale, wells

Views: 272

Replies to This Discussion

jffree--Mom always 1st priority hope nothing serious--when time look for you to post info--TY
jffree1--hope your mon ok-- when you have time see if you can find info on what between CV Taylor sands and Eagle Mills with depth of tops each formation in the OL Guy Well--Thanks
jfreel1---have you found any information in the OL Guy of whats between the CV Taylors sands and the Eagle Mills???????????
No, I haven't had much time lately to do much searching... sorry.
You have the Haynesville-Bossier and the Cotton Valley Lime between the Cotton Valley Sands and the Eagle Mills. If the OL Guy is producing at 11,531, that would put it below the Cotton Valley Lime and into the Eagle Mills. This would be very interesting. I know of no other Triassic production in East Texas.
coprolite, that's what we were talking about. I am not a geologist but earlier I speculated that maybe the Haynesville-Bossier was pinched out in this area or was very thin. I think that is what adubu was asking about but there haven't been many (any?) other deep wells in this area to compare to. So, we are just pondering what rock is actually present in the Joaquin area... your thoughts on the subject are welcome and appreciated.
I am just saying that with everything that is available at the RRC website, the OL Guy does not appear to be producing from the Haynesville Shale. They have a shot of the log where they say they are producing from on the website. I think the reason more drilling hasn't happened at Joaquin is because most of the acreage is HBP'd and the price of gas is low. Samson drilled the Ballard well to 11,500 back in 2007. This is to the west of Joaquin.
coprolite--What formation is the Ballard well producing from? 11,500 was TD I assume? Do you know what level they perf in this well?
It produces in the Carthage Cotton Valley.
how far is this well from ol guy well? interesting it's CV at same depth. Any geologist members that could answer about formations and depth each in the OL Guy?
jffree 1 --we may have answer soon in future---Goodrich Petroleum just applied for premit 1.9 miles SW Joaquin for a Shale well--the R. Dean Hay GU in the Pennington Survey A-555. Will be H well TD 18,000 with ~ 5,000' H leg
Well... I guess I better go update my spreadsheet, LOL. I hadn't looked at permits since early this morning. Thanks adubu.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service