I can't believe that we are even considering giving/loaning our hard earned tax dollars to companies that have continually made poor choices.

There is a reason why Honda, Toyota, BMW, Nisson, and Mecedes-Benz are building plants in this country and GM, Ford, and Chrysler are closing theirs.

Let them go itno Bankruptcy and I bet they emerge stronger than ever before.

Views: 197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe so, but it looks like some of the dems are a little nervous as well. The AIG loan followed by a second loan may have pu a bad taste in their mouths.
With all the plant closures in layoffs in MI, the elected officials just might loose their jobs.
KB,
Your sounding more conservative everyday. I'm impressed and yes a bunch of nimrods will fall for this, let's just keep tabs on who. Keep in mind who is pushing this bill.
The good news is the election is over in most states (we still have one to go, then finally we are DONE)

Hopefully this will allow a reasonable approach no matter what the nimrods do.
Bailout = keeping the union contracts as is. Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection = renegotitation of the union contracts.

When you read about this issue, keep this in mind and it will all become clear who is being manipulated and by whom.
The auto execs are also terrified of what wil happen to consumer confidence in their product should they go bankrupt.

They are doing a good bit of mainipulation themselves.

I believe that consumer confidence in their product has been eroded for years anyway. Remember when the status symbol was a new Cadilac or Lincoln, not a Lexes or infinity. (I know...BMW and Mercedes have been status symbols as well. I'm not trying to start a favorite car debate)
You are right about consumer confidence in their product. I know a lot of people that rather buy/bought a foreign car instead of an American car because they held their value longer and were more dependable. That is why I bought my car, because it held its value, and there is nothing like fine German enginering. Can I get an withness on that. I did not get it for any status though, even though it came with it.
My go cart has a Chrysler emblem but thats all. All the stickers under the hood have German writing. When I bought it the salesman never once called it a Chrysler he called it a Mercedes.
Hey 2Dogs,

My Hoopty came with a bunch of different stickers so I could put whichever one on that tickled my fancy at any given time. Most of the writing is in Chinese I think. May be Yiddish but I aint sure. I may have to fax KB a copy of it and see if she can translate it for me.
I'm the same way. All I want is to know that when I turn the key, my car will start. I hate sitting on the side of the road.
And Air Conditioning.

I can't survive in LA without a good cold air conditioner.
They (the domestic auto industry) is using a scare tactic to support then need for governmental intervention. They are using the fear of second and third tier business' will suffer if the government does nothing to resolve the situation. Basically, shifting the blame of those "support" companies failures on the shoulder of the government (ie. the taxpayer). I hear nothing of them consolidating their current inventory, which leads to the assumption that they are making fools of the taxpayers. It was not enough that the treasury has already made a fool out of us, when they changed the way they will spend "our" money, now the domestic auto industry wants to do the same. If they (the domestic auto industry) are so desperate for governmental intervention, would they still sing the same song if we only offered support for Chevrolet (but not General Motors), Ford (but not Lincoln or Mercury) and Chrysler (but not jeep or Plymouth). A secondary scare tactic they are using is the increase in foreign demand. They are using national security as a stepping stone, to urge the oversight committee's opinion. Then, on top of the scare tactics, they indicate the future market will be supportive enough to recover the expense of the governmental intervention. What they fail to reveal is, who will be buying those vehicles in the future? As the true economy continues to suffer, there will be no buyers to buy next years (or consecutive years) models. Even if "our" money is used to postpone the failure of the domestic auto industry, it will not prevent it. Until true economy (you and I) are directly supported, we will continue to watch the government use smoke and mirrors to give false hope. No matter how much sugar you pour on a pile of dung, you still end up with a pile of dung.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service