Encana has permitted to this formation in north Desoto. I have heard that Petrohawk has 2 test wells to the Smackover in south Caddo. Is this a 3rd gas formation or part of Bossier and or Haynesville?

Tags: formation, smackover

Views: 1215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would results of a 3-d shoot give a operator insight on the Smackover? Forest vertical in Sabine is looking at the Smackover, maybe they want to see how the shale is in that area also.
Ken, yes - the various 3-D seismic shoots should provide insight into all formations including the Smackover. Also, I would think many of the original vertical Haynesville Shale wells may have drilled thru the Smackover but ShaleGeo may be able to check for that information.
Is the Smackover pretty uniform in thickness in North LA? What is the Morehouse Shale?
Thanks for the information on Morehouse Shale and the Smackover information. Would all of this be related to EOG's announcement the other day of oil in and around the Barnett Shale?
Marc, the northern portion of the Barnett Shale play is shallow and "oily". EOG has been focused on developing this part of the Barnett Shale for some time.
Marc,

Here's a link to EOG's "Conceptual Overview" of their Horizontal Oil production plans from their most recent investor presentation.

Unfortunately, it looks like for US, their emphasis will be on Eagle Ford and Barnett, and they say that the shale in Haynesville/Bossier is "fully cooked gas" - i.e. no oil shale.

http://www.eogresources.com/media/slides/ac_ho0410.pdf
DG, Haynesville/Bossier Shale are still a big part of EOG's future plans. Note they still have 14 drilling rigs working in the play which is not too shabby.
Les,

Yes, of course, EOG has very solid plans to develop their shale acreage in HA/BO.

Was just stating that their assessment in the presentation above was that HA/BO acreage will not be prospective to horizontal OIL completions.
I heard the same thing from more than one Seismic person(Various Project Managers) when they were doing the shoot around me in Bienville parish. I had these guys on my place for a long time. Almost a year and half. Was part of 2 shoots. But it was a main topic of conversation. I hope what they were talking about is correct but time will sure tell.
Heard the same thing with the Seismic on my place over in Bienville Parish.
KCM, attached is some cumulative oil & gas production data for the Smackover in some states. It is a little dated but should give some insight.
Attachments:
thanks Les. Knowledge is power. Thanks to everyone on this board for always providing insight.
Think how much more knowlege we all have acquired in the last year because of this board.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service