I keep reading in all these discussions about "The Sweet Spot", does anyone REALLY and Truly know where the sweet spot is or is that a term that is meaning a general area? What is the Sweet Spot and what area is it? Does this mean all the Haynesville Shale play or is it a certain number of several S-T-R?

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Was it Stans Record Shop?
Bear Dog. Stans was downtown on Texas St. The one Jay is thinking of was on Youree Drive. Stan's brother, Ace, just closed his record store on Youree but I am unsure if it goes back far enough to be the one Jay is thinking of.
Stans had a record shop in the Shreve City, right next to Bosko's hobbie hut.
Stan the record man, your one stop shop for all kind of music. I can still hear the commercial.
You have a good memory, Dorcheated. Mr. Bosko has passed away but his wife, Yvonne, and daughters Ginger and Steph are still kicking. Ginger is one of my best friends and Mrs. B has a storage building full of the unsold merchandise from when the business closed. It is a treasure trove and a time capsule. Mr. B was as fine a man as you would ever have the fortune to meet. The family gets great enjoyment from the fond memories that many have for Bosko's Hobbie Hut.
Skip,
Going in to Bosko's was like going into another world. They were some good people. I spent a many a day in there, I would ride my bike from Shady Grove to get there. It was all good until I got to the bridge, where almost caused wrecks, people would honk at me, and give me a one finger wave. Come to think of it, their still doing that.
Pat. Pedal faster! LOL!
DUH! Thanks, KB. Knowing Steve Timmons, I was expecting something more obscure. The last time I saw Steve, he could still give you the catalog number of every major album he carried during the SOOTO years.
Electro. I believe you are thinking of Stan's downtown store. It was on the north side of Texas in the block just east of First Methodist. Can anyone name some of Stan's record labels? How about artists?
Tri-State Liquor; my buddies were by and large the first ones to start bringing dates into the CUB back in 1967 or so. Before that, it was very unusual to see a female in the CUB. The two guys that delivered liquor from the Tri-State Liquor for James Melton were named Dudlow and Willie. They worked around the Cub with T J and Jake, but they mainly made deliveries. When he was a kid, TJ used to deliver package liquor on his bicycle and before they built the Ockley St bridge. Tj used to ride his bicycle across the ditch on a sewer pipe to save an extra mile or so of travel. I know a lot of useful info like that. Ha.
It is significant historical data, Spring Branch. LOL! You are right about the lack of females prior to the late sixties. I hadn't thought about it before but it was strictly a smoky good ole boys hang out. The first female patrons I recall were on the patio. But I suspect a fair number got a cocktail delivered to their car out back. Tri-State Liquor, huh. I never would have gotten that one. Much of what I know about the early Thrifty Liquor days was from several years as night manager of the old East Kings location and an association with a long time employee, Ms. Mary. Ah, the stories she could tell.
Skip, I just watched the movie, "The Last Lullaby" which was filmed in the Shreveport area amd The Cub had a very prominant scene in tjhe movie.
I'll have to ask Steve Timmons. I'm sure I have heard the origins of the name but I can't dredge it up at the moment.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service