SWN has a presentation that will have audio on the web today, the 5th of Feb.  It's the Credit Suisse Energy Conference from Vail, CO.  It can be found on the SWN investor relations page...

Views: 13541

Replies to This Discussion

There is a very interesting Smackover test in the Monroe Field, 19-19N-5E, that was drilled in '06 or '07.  They ran pipe to TD of 11,500' and recovered hydrocarbons to the surface from perfs in the LSBD.  Must have been some pretty good shows to make the expensive decision to run pipe and test.  Mud Wt at bottom tells you it was pressured.

I guess I was asking, more specifically, what the difference between the old wells to the east and west is? Plenty have been drilled on either side. Also, does historic conventional production indicate potential for a resource play?

There have been 3 wells drilled on the east side in Morehouse within the last year, and all have been abandoned or temp. abandoned I believe.  They are all in updip areas and indications are that pressures show a normal gradient.  Pressure seems to be the key and the question is what causes the abnormality that is being defined in Union Ph. 

East of the Monroe field the Smackover has been intruded by igneous rock associated with later movement of the Cretaceous-aged Monroe Uplift.   The intrusions are relatively minor and should not affect the bulk of the LSBD.  There has been speculative leasing east of Monroe but it is spotty. 

Isn't this too shallow to be smackover? It looks more like CV to me.

Yes, that the Greystone Oxy well.  This was prior to the Weiser Brown well that set off initial speculation and was drilled as a conventional Smackover vertical hole.  Greystone did drill completely through the LSBD and into the underlying Norphlet.  The section looks promising but  remember this is on Oxy (formerly Cities Service) minerals

The well in question was permitted as a Cotton Valley horizon.

http://ucmwww.dnr.state.la.us/ucmsearch/UCMRedir.aspx?url=http%3a%2...

Skip the log clearly shows the well penetrated the entire Smackover formation.

Thanks, Robert.  I don't read logs and will take your word for it.  What was the TVD on the log?

The well was vertical with a loggers depth of 11549'.  Top of Smackover 'A' is approx 9800', Smackover 10350', LSBD 10660', and Norphlet 11,480'.

The mud wt. on the final log run from TD was approx. 13#/ gal., similar to the LR Resources well and higher than Weiser Brown.  The big question is what was the nature of the recovered hydrocarbons -- oil, wet gas, or gas.  Greystone and Oxy are the ones with that info.

I thought it was much deeper in that area.
Well, if this thing does ever take off, there are going to be a lot of people in Oauchita parish with severed minerals who never get a piece of the action.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service