SWN has a presentation that will have audio on the web today, the 5th of Feb.  It's the Credit Suisse Energy Conference from Vail, CO.  It can be found on the SWN investor relations page...

Views: 13541

Replies to This Discussion

Right now WLL is just going after the Lower Smackover. From what I have seen so far.

The Lower Smackover is iffy at best.  I'm with Aubrey.  I think they are looking for liquids in whatever formation(s) prove most prospective.  By drilling to the Brown Dwnse WLL will get a look at all those more shallow zones,  They can form units for any and all across their leasehold.  In addition to the Cotton Valley I wouldn't be surprised to see Haynesville Sand and Gray Sand wells drilled.

Having seen and read a number of WLL leases I am certain that they have interest in CV and all of the Smackover. I believe CV, Haynesville, and Smackover will be good over part of their leased area. I don' believe Gray sand extends far enough north for their leases.  Their leases extend to my property. XTO just completed location for 3rd well in my unit. It is SMK "C".

Anyone heard anything about XTO horizontal in  Gray Sand in Ivan field? Last I heard, a couple of days ago, they were stuck in hole.

Yes, Skip, they are looking for liquids. That is what we are looking for in NSRR field, although many of wells in Haynesville SD produce wet gas.  I anticipate that WLL

will have considerable production on much of their acreage just as others have had in NSRR.

Mr Sanders:

I do remember Hunt leasing with a specific interest in Gray Sand back in 1977, in the area of T21n and T22n in Webster. They even did seismic but failed to carry out exploration due to the price collapse. Do you remember this?

I do appreciate your input.

Was anyone able to listen to the SWN presentation this morning at the IPAA OGIS in Toronto? If so, please fill us in. I couldn't get my Firefox connection to work.

Try this connection off of the company's website. I did not have a problem. I have an opinion of what was said and left unsaid but the best thing in all of this is to let the results speak.

http://www.swn.com/investors/Pages/eventspresentations.aspx

Thanks George. My Windows Media Player had been disabled by Firefox and I had to re-enable it. There didn't seem to be much new information about the Brown Dense beyond the fact that SWN is still testing different fracking techniques in  the Dean horizontal and Sharp vertical wells. Bill Way did say they need an IP of 500 to 600 barrels per day to make the wells economic, which seems to be an increase from the 425 barrels per day that Steve Mueller had mentioned earlier.

Yes, it sounds like they are in a big hole and the only way to make it work is to have world beaters in succession. As one poster would say: BUMMER, WILLIE. 

Were some of you fellows fired by SWN or something? It seems to have gotten personal around here lately.

I have not been fired, or lost money on them. I watch the stock and noted heavy insider sales in May. I have no reason to say it is because of the way things are going for them with the Brown Dense but I was directed to the possibility by their persistent problems here. Ironically, the one person who believes in the play is their COO as he will not pull the plug. I hope he is proven correct. He did not sell off, either.

If you are a mineral owner who leased with them, I wish you luck. As a matter of fact, I wish SWN luck because I am holding in a small way. It is easy for someone who is not in the play to be lighthearted about it. Do not take it the wrong way.  

SWN was at a 52wk high in May so that's usualy a good time to take profits. Their coo joined in Oct of '11. The leasing for LSBD was not his baby but I guess he could of taken over and fell in love with the play.

He picked up plenty of shares this past Dec. Good for him.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service