I know this is repetitive, but the well has a name to use for production data references

http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

04/06/13: SPUD. 04/07/13: SET 10-3/4" CASING @ 2047' W/ 708 SX. 04/08/13: TEST SHAFFER & CAMERON BOP'S TO 5000 PSI FOR 30 MINS. TEST OK.

4/15/13, REACHED TOTAL DEPTH AT 8917' FOR THE INTERMEDIATE STRING. 4/15/13, POOH AND LOGGING

Views: 13280

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.samsungcnt.com/en/pr/board_view.asp?fnum=133&fidx=18...

http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2009/08/ankor_energy_is_look...

Ankor is owned by Samsung and Korean national oil company. Samsung has an annual revenue of over 200 billion.
Ankor may be the JV partner but I heard a rumor a couple of months ago that they purchased Cabot's brown dense leasehold. Does anyone know else know if this is true?

You could very well be correct, GWM.  Cabot's  unit L SMK RA SUB - Ora Field - S18 & 19 - 22N - 1W is right next door to Ankor's permit in Section 17.  SWN still has not announced a definitive JV agreement so Ankor could be exploring based on science and lease rights from Cabot.  If one of the major energy companies with HBP leasehold and extensive operating experience in N LA turned out to be the JV partner that would not only provide capital to explore but onshore horizontal development experience.  Ankor has the former but not the latter.  And XTO/XOM or COP partnering with SWN would accomplish   both but more than that it would be an indication that they liked the rock. 

ANKOR did purchase Cabot's leasehold properties in Union Parish.  I do not know about any other LSBD holdings; they may or may not have purchased them. 

Didn't Cabot and SWN have a deal going before this? I'm willing to bet that ANKOR is the new JV. Either way it's good news as there is new money and ideas in the play.

filed yesterday:

4/25/13, REACHED TOTAL DEPTH. 4/25/13, SET 5 1/2" CASING AT 9765' WITH 176 SACKS OF CEMENT. STATUS DATE: 4/25/13

This thing has to be flaring by now, as well as the Dean Horizontal

Anyone nearby get a visual on these yet?

alright, its been four weeks since I last asked. It TDed on April 25th. This is just a vertical so completion didnt take long. This thing must be flowing back by now, and flaring. Anyone have eyes on it yet? Obviously they are avoiding allowables.

BLO, you are right. Mueller said they were completing the Dean Alt well in the May presentation so it should be flowing as well. Hopefully someone should be able to see some flaring activity. Mueller was asked about them being so transparent with the public about the LSBD and he stated it was easier in the Fayetteville and Marcellus due to their success in those plays. Seeing no allowables makes me think that transparency in the LSBD no longer exist. They also did not participate in the RBC presentation yesterday as scheduled. It was titled " New and Emerging Oil Plays".  It will be interesting to see what results WLL will have in the LSBD and how open they will be about their results. Goodrich said they had data sharing agreements with the other players in the TMS. I hope SWN has the same deal with WLL and others in the LSBD.

COG I think was the only company who had a sharing agreement witH SWn

Maybe that agreement will apply to ANKOR, if they ever drill a well. ANKOR did purchase all of COG's leases in Union Parish.

There is a work over rig on location. Not sure what they are doing??

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service