Any new info on the going negotiated rates for the Tiger pipeline? I saw where they're initial offer is $7125 an acre for permanent ROW (60') and $1425 per acre for the temporary workspace (65'). No mention of rods. Thanks.

Tags: Pipeline, Rates, Tiger

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

understand has thing get zoomed up in size. That Big Bass I had up to boat and broke my line I know was record at least "19+pounds" yesterday. $789 per rod not bad check!!!
LG, I wanted to give you an update on something I just found out this morning. According to the attorney we have working on this, Tiger does not have the right to expropriate for the ROW. This of course is completely counter to what their negotiators had been telling us for the past couple months. According to the attorny's information, Tiger is in the process of getting that authority from FERC and it might take several weeks.
Update folks. I spoke with a landman for the Tiger line today. My elderly sisters have a small interest in some property the pipeline will cross. His offer to them was $325/ rod. I think I'll counter offer on their behalf.

Question: If some of the larger interest heirs (less than 50% total) have signed on for the $325, how many heirs will have to be signed before my sisters have no negotiating power?
Are all heirs equal owners? Has the tract been separated into equal defind parcels? If all heirs equal and undivided interest I think you need to see attorney for assistant to handle the negotiation for the group.
Nope, all the heirs are not equal owners. Ownership ranges from 22% down to less than 1%. The interest is undivided.
think best to see attorney for assistant if individual deeds have not been filed which would require the surface to have been surveyed and tract parceled out in separate deeds with legal defind property lines. The minerals can be undivided but individual have mineral deeds for their % so each could sign their on mineral leases
More information regarding the Tiger pipeline.

I spoke with a woman at FERC (Federal Energy Regulatory Commission) this morning. The pipeline has not been issued it's certificate yet. It could take from 2 to 4 months for that to happen. They cannot start the condemnation process until the certificate has been issued. If you have any comments, requests such as relocating the pipeline or burying it deeper, etc.. you have until 2/26/2010 to make them through this FERC website. I would also mention that should it go as far condemnation, Tiger would be restricted to a 50' ROW and no temp space. So that could be a bit of a deterrent from their perspective I would gather.
Bacon: I would think this means you have a very narrow window within which to work a deal with Tiger before they do get the authority to condemn. They are coming and they will get the right of condemnation. Unless someone has a really special situation, I would think you would be better off making a deal with them instead of having to lawyer up and duke it out in federal court. Just my two cents.
Buddy - I would agree that ultimately they'll get it but would add that with the Gulf South line, their (significantly) best offer came on "the court house steps". There is a downside for them as well if it go's to the judge. 15' less ROW width and no temp space. Honestly, I'm pretty confident that we wouldn't do worse than their current offer and would probably do better with the judge. Attorney is on a % basis that's dealing with it.
Bacon: The crux of the matter is what do they have to pay. Is it "market value" of the land, which in most cases is agricultural land, or is it based on the pipeline corridor rates/pmts that they and others may have paid. As I recall, the Supreme Court in the Exxon pipeline case in south La. said it was market value of the land and not based on pipeline rates, etc. If that is true, an acre, 60 foot in width is 44 rods. Just for discussion purposes, if you have an offer of $500 a rod, that is $22,000 per acre, which is far above agricultural land prices. IMO, a person would be better off to make a deal with them before you get something much less stuffed down your throat. Your theory on the courhouse steps may be right.
heres my problem people tiger pipeline expanded my right of way to 100 ft back in sept without explanation stated sending threatening packages certified mail with insulting offers of 2995 for the row and timber lost then i find out they want to put a 40 foot power line in as well. refuse to let me speak to the power line company. claims i can not sign a row with the power line co. for the line and can not change the route because it was plotted in oct. even though i was not informed of it until 10 days ago . how about that for audacity.
Don't sign anything before talking to an attorney. At this point, they can't force anything on you.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service