We received two notices of plans to unitize sections in T9N- R12W. One in November of 2007 for 16 units (9 were in T9N-R12W) and one in August 2008 for 25 units (6 were in T9N-R12W) for the purpose of drilling, production and exploration. The proposed units included sections 13,14,15, 16, 31, 32 (Aug 08) 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 34, 35, 36 (Nov 07). See attached diagram. Does anyone have information on other sections in T9N-R12W that have been unitized (or proposed to be unitized)? If so, please share so we can see how much of the township has been unitized? To my knowledge that is 15 out of 36.

Views: 2417

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Where is this shallow well in sec 36? I can't recall any site in that area.
Bagger,
Help yourself out, and go find out what everyone else in your section is doing. Find out if they signed, who with, and for how much. Your bargaining position is very good if you are the last unsigned person. If no one, or very few, are leased, get together and negotiate in a group. This is no time to sit back. Get this information, and go get yourself many, many thousands per acre! But you need to know where you stand. They do. Don't let them negotiate with superior info. Be just as informed.
DIXIE S2, Got a letter today ( LISKOW & LEWIS ) , you can include 6,3,8,9,10,11....am in section 8 and unleased. Really have not had a decent offer....oh well !!!
Ken,

Thanks for the information, I have added those sections to the diagram. That makes a total of 23 sections that are already or will be unitized in 9N-12W.
Good luck with the offers, I hope you get the price you are looking for ---or even better.
Ken, you said you are in sec. 8, is that right south of Belmont?
No, I am in mitchell...east side of sistrunk loop !
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Ken. I appreciate people like you who do their best to help others in N. Sabine stay informed.
ken_hatcher,
Patience. You are now in the driver's seat. If you are unleased, and unitized, Shell needs you to get to your gas. Congratulations. Don't cave in for a cheap offer. Your gas is worth a LOT. Read this site about how much the gas under your land is worth. At least two investment houses have said there is enough gas to justify lease bonuses of $40k - $50k. Recall that the CEO of Chesapeake has said that $30k is "chump change" for these leases. Everyone of you in 9-12 should be banding together and demanding a fair price.
Ken, as others have told you, sit tight, you are in a VERY good position now. I own land in DeSoto and they are nearly complete with the drilling of a well just a few hundred yards behind my house in my section. I only have a little over an acre and they haven't seemed too interested before, but now that the well is getting close to complete, they are getting real interested. They don't want to have to pay me, you or any other unleased landowner 100% revenue minus the operating expenses because regardless of what anyone tells you on here, your take would be more that 20-25% and they want to keep that difference in money; so let'em leave you unsigned and when a rig starts drilling, set back and smile and wait, you'll hear from them!
Does section 8 include Hot Wells area on 191?

CP
No, that probably IS range 13 WEST. Not sure what section though.
I talked to a couple close to me they claimed they pulled out on them. I can't say for sure if that's true. I know one person near me leased with chesapeake. Chesapeake reps talked to others around me. The rep told me he was waiting on signatures for those who's property join mine. In all it would be close to 200 acres. I don't know who to believe. The landman or the neighbors. Some of the property is a Church and graveyard. I think those two could use some money for operating funds.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service