I haven't checked in on this site in a while but I know there were more members for Claiborne Parish. How did they get removed?

Views: 120

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with you Skip. Much more than shale that is productive in our area and I am excited about it unfolding in front of us. We have time to learn all we can from each other. I've been tracking for a while now and they are moving in our direction. We just have to wait and see.

Jaybird
Jaybird, I know you have land available for lease. Has anybody contacted you lately about leasing?
It's been quiet. A couple of offers over the last 6 months but nothing to write home about. Nothing lately though....patience! :o)
An excellent reply , Skip. As a mineral owner, geologist, O&G producer and working interest owner in La. and Arkansas I don't care what formation my O&G comes from. Over the 50 plus years I have been involved in this business I have urged, even begged landowners to become involved. I have seen so many screwed by shady characters. That includes me and my parents and siblings. My first concern is that my family and neighbors get a fair shake and avoid shysters.This web site has been an excellent source of information for those who put out the effort to use it. Even so, there are people getting taken advantage of every day. I believe that an oil and gas lease may be the most important paper you will ever sign. Did you know that there are leases in Haynesville field which are still in effect that were signed in 1919? Glad it doesn't affect my land!!!! Every producing formation is important and I believe Haynesville shale is of lesser importance to landowners in north part of Claiborne Parish than the other proven producers there. Just my opinion. Wish I had more hope for Haynesville shale in northern part of Webster and Claiborne, as well as S. Arkansas
Aubrey. I have an idea I'd like to run pass you. I think it a reasonable response when a lease offer is tendered to ask what zones will be included. Each zone included in a lease should be assigned a value. Hoss/$250, Upper CV $350, Lower CV $500, HA $2500, SMK $750 as a rough example. Feel free to insert the known producing zones in Claiborne, or any parish. And the lessee can pick which they want access to and are willing to pay for. Pugh clauses are nothing new but unfortunately do not seem to have become widely recognized or utilized. As technology evolves and so the economics of investment and return in E&P, shouldn't the land/mineral owner receive the benefit of each new dynamic? Much of the debate over the HS Play centers on "all depth" leases. The original bonus and royalty may look unfair now but were the generally accepted norm in their day. The rub concerns the value of the HS that those lessors will receive only a limited benefit from. A new generation of lease forms should be invented to secure a significant portion of any future appreciation of a mineral estate to the mineral owner. And should serve as a template that can be used in varying locales for the existing productive zones.
Why are there 2 claiborne parish groups? Whats the difference/need for 2 groups?
I, too, have been away for a while. For a good part of the summer my computer was down and when I finally replaced it I forgot to program in Haynesville Shale.....my bad. Today I got curious and came back for a visit to see if I should be holding my breath waiting for the lease agent to come begging.....apparently not.
Like Keith, I run a specialty website aimed at a specific group of people...mainly walleye fishermen in southwest Missouri. In addition to their love of the walleye game, they have other things they like to do and share with the walleye community. It is a constant tightrope trying to give everybody a free rein with no censorship on how they want to share, and trying to stay within some vague undefineable guidelines dictated by the core purpose of the website. While I may not always totally agree with the decisions Keith makes, the bottom line is that he is the moderator, he puts in the time to keep the site running, and it's his baby. At a very minimum, I understand what he goes through to keep the site up and running. Just my two cents worth.
Bill Lynn
Half Way, MO

.......now..about that 53 acres that aren't leased.......
If you look at the info describing the Claiborne Parish group, I think you will see that this is the ONLY group on the entire site designated as the "official" one. I've been watching too much tv lately to not have a deep and abiding distrust of anything "official". I run a website up here in Missouri, and I can read the precursors, so
I'm outta here. JT has my email and knows how to get in touch if need be. Good luck to you guys in west and northwest Claiborne parish.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service