What Price Are You Getting for Gas? Last Update: March 25, 2011

Hello Everyone,

Here are the latest numbers.  If anyone else wishes to participate and provide data for my survey, please follow the instructions below.  I welcome all data.

I am now asking each respondent to provide me the following:

Section/Township/Range -- everyone (if you are in Texas, tell me your county, and the survey)

If you get your check from Chesapeake, please tell me:
Price received (before severence tax)
Does your lease entitle you to cost-free royalties?

If you get your check from one of the others,  please tell me:
Company you leased to
Company who is operating the well
Gross price
Please tell me each deduction, and the amount.
Net amount (before severence tax).  [I know, gross minus deductions ought to equal net, but I just want to make sure.]
Does your lease entitle you to cost-free royalties?

If you are WI or UMO:
Company operating the well
Gross price
Please tell me each deduction, and the amount.
Net amount (before severence tax).  [I know, gross minus deductions ought to equal net, but I just want to make sure.]

Please send me the information via GHS email.  This discussion is getting too large, and sometimes a post gets lost if I don't check in for 24 hours.  All info will be kept confidential. I will continue to post back what I learn periodically. Thanks in advance.

Tags: Are, Gas?, Getting, Price, What, You, for, payments, royalty

Views: 3630

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Henry, neither Vicki Wellborn nor anyone else at The Times would touch this subject with a 10' pole.
Attached is a listing of relevant natural gas price index for 2010 that can be used for reference.
Attachments:
Henry,

No royalties for me yet, but when they start coming in I'll send you some info.

Linda
Chesepeake/Encana

Sec. 31 Township 10 Range 11 Sabine Parish

No cost

March 4.81 and 4.01
April 4.13 and 3.89
May 4.01 and 3.88
Teri,
I'll need a bit more explanation...
Did you lease to Chesapeake, and is Encana drilling? Or vice versa?
Thanks.
henry--posting on thread rather than email to you----- from Minden CV field Rusk County, Texas----Goss prices-- Jan 5.96 Feb 5.54 March 4.44 April 3.59 May 3.88---operator Sandridge--standard lease not royalty free. prices gross. On average 14% deduction including severance taxes. There are 22 wells in unit and severance taxes varible 0-6.75% due to "high cost tight gas" deduction for 10 years. so net to royalty is gross minus ~ 14%
adubu,
Please help me understand... Should I enter 86% of the gross numbers into my database?

Thanks for the support here. I really need more numbers however, and hope we can encourage others to submit their data.
86% as net paid to royalty owners including net after taxes paid
GD.... Good points. So I should enter everyone's gross. That makes sense.
However, as I go along, I'm sure I will run up against things I don't understand, and I'll be sure and ask for help.

But it would be nice to also learn how much operators are deducting for leases without cost-free royalties.
maybe run both with time --run the gross numbers 1st then come back and run net-net-net to royalty owner after everything deducted out
adubu,
I think you are right. For now, I'll just focus on gross price.
I think that is the way to compare pricing from operator to operator. If one operator is always lower , something is wrong.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service