It is time for the Mississippi site to have the discussions about Mississippi wells.

There are 5 new pending permits and petitions before the board--two by Goodrich and 3 by EnCana.

There is a South offset to the Crosby Well and a proposed a well to the SE in 2N 1E. These are in Wilkinson.

EnCana has proposed 2 wells adjacent to each other north of the Ash Wells in Amite.

There is also a proposed well in Sections 5 and 8 in 1N 4E in Amite.

The procedure so far has been to get a force integration permit--to force the landowners to lease; then not drill the wells immediately. (This is an abuse, particularly by EnCana, by which they use the force integration statute to help get the prospect leased--then they don't drill before the force integration permit expires.  They drill instead when they are good and ready.)

But, being in a unit is a hell of a good start even if it doesn't get drilled immediately--and it looks like poor ole Mississippi is getting more than its share of permits.  

Views: 24919

Replies to This Discussion

Really good news for me. Thanks for the info.

Hello, do any of you attend the board meetings in MS? How are the MSOGB meetings run? On schedule and smooth? Is the building very hard to find? I have already googled it. Just curious. I have attended Louisiana's and will be in Jackson on that date. Thanks for any info.

CBell

The Oil and Gas Board is easy to find. Its just off Interstate 55, on High street, behind the Texaco station on the right as you head into downtown. There is a High Street exit off the interstate.

They call the docket first and any petitions not contested are pretty much automatically granted. Then they have the contests later, usually that afternoon, and the next day if necessary. The supervisor is a Russian lady--Lisa Ishvin, a geologist, who could not speak English when she arrived from Russia. She came into New York about 35 years ago, under some immigration program, and she was given her choice of where to settle between Florida and Mississippi. She knew nothing about either, but someone told her that there were alligators in Florida--so she chose Mississippi. Good lady.

I haven't been lately, but I expect there are no real contests in the Tuscaloosa, because there are not competing oil companies trying to drill the same unit or trying to keep one from drilling too close to a good well.  Landowners being force integrated have no chance because they don't join together to pay the legal fees and because the Board heavily favors drilling in the Tuscaloosa, and so side with the Petitioner....for now. 

Thanks, McCaulay

I appreciate the information. Sounds similar to how Louisiana runs their board.That is a great story about the supervisor. I am going to try and make the meeting just to listen in.

CBell

Has anyone heard about a possible well in T2N R2E in the section 33, 34, 35 neighnorhood?  May be just a wild rumor, but then again . . .

Jelli,

I have been tracking most of the wells in Wilkinson and Amite and the location you state has no current permits or wells, but it does lie inbetween the Crosby, Ash wells, and the Joe Jackson wells. Maybe the Aug. 15th docket of the MSOGB would have something listed ... not out yet.  It is 3 to 5 miles northeast of Centreville, MS?

Yes, NE of Centreville.  I think the Pepperhouse Road was mentioned in the general conversation.

I think it might be reliable  even though I didn't get it first hand or even second hand.

The August 1, Southern Herald Newspaper (Liberty) has the petition postings for the new Encana wells for Amite County. They will be on MS O&G docket for August 13

Have you heard anything on the Huff Well in Amite County?

Have not heard anything on the Huff lately.

It is my understanding from Goodrich that they plan to drill the Huff next...of course, this was their message before they started on the CMR/Foster Creek, also.

So, we shall see...

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service