I am hoping some of you can learn from my experience. After declining offers from landmen, then accepting, only for two companies to renege:
I just learned Goodrich is already drilling on the property for which we have min. rts. Since our current lease doesn't expire until Oct. 08, we are not eligible for bonus money at this time. IF YOU HAVE A CURRENT LEASE, you may want to ensure whether drilling has begun so you won't be disappointed. All of those whose lease expired were eligible for bonus money, but the rest of us are null and void. The good news is we have a well in progress on the HS and hopefully it will strike big!!! My best wishes to all of you.

Views: 64

Replies to This Discussion

Had you alreday gotten the unitization hearing notice and consent/nonconsent notice?
Yes. We did not really understand the notices so I called the attorney's office who sent them...at the time I didn't really understand "unitization" but have learned more since that time. We hve not received a consent/nonconsent notice and am not sure about the legalities of those. I would think the fact we leased to a company, and are still under lease til Oct., implies we consent to drilling. That is the whole purpose of leasing the rts. But please fill me in re: consent/nonconsent. Would that apply to us?
You're right. I forgot you said you were under lease until Oct. Now it looks like you'll be held by production. But you'll still get your royalties.
I sure hope so. I am optimistic they would not have proceeded with production if they did not feel positive there was gas. It's on the HS and I've talked to the geologists who work with Goodrich. The way I look at it, whatever royalties we received is money we were never expecting, so it's gravy and I am very grateful for it.
Please keep us posted on how long it takes for your to start receiving royalties. I can't remember which section you were in. We are in 22-19-15.
getoverit,
I'm in 28-19n-15w. I will do my best to keep the website informed. I've had too many personal tragedies to be as diligent about all of the HS stuff as I was a few months ago. If I can get to the DNR, Conservation office on Fairfield, or whatever it's called, I want to look up the well info. It is not on SONRIS yet. I appreciate your positive attitude about "receiving royalties". I am thinking positively as well. Although we missed out on bonus money, I'm glad we don't have to wait for the next 3 yrs, as in a new lease, to see if they are going to drill. IT IS in progress right now. Best of luck with your section as well!!
Well lucky you--If they find gas--after prorata cost you will get 100% royalty--If I understand all this! Mimi
I don't understand all of it either but have tried to learn what I could. I'm not sure what prorata costs include. We only have 8 acres, but like I said, it's money we weren't expecting....manna from Heaven in my book and I praise God for it. It couldn't have come at a better time.
Hi,

If I understood correctly, he said he was already under a lease. That means, what he'll get from the new well will be what's due under that lease - most probably not 100%.

Best,

Joel
Todd,
Are you close to section 2 18N 16W ?
StudyRN,
I don't think so. We are in Sec. 28, 19N, 15W so we're not exactly adjacent to you.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service