I live in 18N 15W S8. Yesterday and starting this morning at 7:00 AM, we have been noticing a low flying helicopter that appears to be circling our section and those lying just North of us. I can hear what I believe to be the compressor station running in my section. The Helicopter has landed in my section near where I believe the compressor station is, then it takes off again. It does not have out rigging for spraying so he's not doing crop dusting. He seems to fly very low over the area that was logged and around the area that appears to have a well site road winding through it. It is a very plain, unmarked white helicopter. I was just wondering what this copter might be doing - taking pictures, surveying from the air, seismigraph, or just what? As an UMI I'm hoping that it's a sign things are about to get moving again in anticipation of winter gas prices. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

Sharon: I am in 4-18-15 and Centerpoint has a pipeline through us and a compressor station to the west - possibly they are flying the pipeline for inspection purposes? I don't really have a clue.
Sharon,

It could be LiDAR. They could be surveying the unit.

http://www.cif.org/noms/2001/24_-_Laser_Survey_by_Helicopter.pdf

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service