Does anyone know of any new leasing, drilling, or other O&G activity in the southern counties of ARKANSAS?

Views: 444

Replies to This Discussion

Is there any news of what is happening in the southern part of Magnolia and Emerson?
To reply to your question about any drilling, here in Columbia off hwy 371 south of Taylor, there is a huge site that is underway. Not sure what drilling for, was hoping to hear about Haynesville Shale in the area. The banner news had an article last year that stated there would be drilling up here in the Welcome Ark area for Shale. Also, seen very large pipelines underway(around Sarepta, LA & before Plain Dealing, LA) and was wondering if this is for the shale? We have 360 acres of minerals and was given over $5,000. in 2007 before the mention of the H-Shale for approx 120 acres. We also signed for a pipeline back in 1994 which has yet to happen. Anyway, if there is any news of the Shale around Taylor area, would like to hear about it. thanks ya'll
I have heard this is a haynesville shale well. I can not give you any info to back it up. Sure wish we could get a serial number and watch it.
Salt water disposal well south of Taylor!
Hunter Energy is trying to secure leases in Columbia Co. Not much of an offer though. $150 bonus, 1/8th royalty.
CONTACTED DEC 13 FOR LEASE IN 19S 20W. HAS ANYONE ALSO BEEN CONTACTED IN THE LAST FEW DAYS CONCERNING LEASE IN THIS AREA?
I have been offered a lease by Border Exploration around Emerson. Very unprofessional landman. Do you know if they are just speculating?
Contacted again, not much information other than a very small offer.
There is some leasing in South Arkansas, but no wildcat drilling. Some is by Border Exploration and some by Hunter Energy and Atlanta Oil. I think Hunter is leasing for Goodrich out of Shreveport and Atlanta for local independents. I am leery of Border and trying to find out if they are just a broker company speculating. Let me know if you know anything about them.
They say that they work for one and only one company that will not be sold. They will not tell who they work for but I know who it is! E.O.G. This used to be Enron Oil and Gas. A very large company. This is wildcat drilling here in south ark. Going for oil in the smackover is what they say. Majority of leases already signed but I dont believe drilling will be any time soon. Had this company been upfront in the beginning by telling us who they work for, I believe everything here would have gone alot faster
HI Allen, long time since chatting with you. If this company is looking for smackover they need to come down here by my place south of the old Redland field..lol...they have hit 2 smackover wells south of me about a quarter mile away... small company with not much capital drilling. Seems to me like some company with some money would be in here leasing it as fast as they could but not happening? What became of the wells drilled in south Columbia county? They are fracing a 11000 ft. well in downtown Springhill now. They are very tight lipped about this well for some reason? Let me hear from you... Saw your brother Ken no long ago!
HA! I have been way too busy. Since I received all of this big lease money , I just dont know where to spend it all LOL This E.O.G. bunch did alot of leasing just north of the Barnett shale and hit it big, so it is really surprising that they kinda skipped over Plain Dealing, unless they were thinking yall might actually want a little money for your lease!!!!! Us Arkansas Hillbillies arent smart enough to want money!!!! Havent heard anything on any wells in a while . Keep Ken straight.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service