What's the consensus about the recent offer we received from Petrohawk? I noticed that they increased the depth limitation from 100' to 300'. Are there any other clauses that we need to discuss or is it a pretty fair contract? What happens if we don't sign by the August 30 deadline?

Views: 105

Replies to This Discussion

We received one from Petrohawk also. I live in Riverbend. I have not seen the contract.
Hopefully we can get together with some clauses that need to be added to ours.
Have you gotten any offers higher from Twin Cities? They (a landman from Twin Cities) said on this blog they would beat what Petrohawk offered 100% of the time. So much for beating Petrohawk's offer. I have not heard of any counter offers made to us from Twin Cities. Hopefully we will get some suggestions on what to add to the contract for both of our subdivisions.
Trenna, the Petrohawk offer ($20K/acre) came after the original Twin Cities offer ($1K/acre).
I saw this posted on the SBHSC Yahoo Website.

PetroHawk will be at the RiverBend Fire Station this Sunday at 5 P. M. for ALL of section 24 people. Please plan on attending.

It might be good for section 23 people to attend as well. I have not signed either. I also saw where Caddo Parish was allowing the land under roads to be included in landowners lot size.
Petrohawk cancelled this meeting as of yesterday. They said they got an email from thier corporate office telling them to hold off on signing anyone right now. The landwoman said that she would know more monday.
I'd like to see noise abatement clauses and depth clauses pertaining only to the Haynesville Zone. I may try to negotiate some of these since the current exhibits were written "for me". I personally am not worried about the August 30th deadline.
Does any one out here have any of the legal wording for the noise abatement clauses that are going in active leases?
A Gas Well Permit holder shall be subject to the following noise restrictions:
(1) No drilling producing or other operations shall produce a sound level greater than 78 dB(a) when measured at a distance of three hundred (300’) feet from the production equipment in question. The noise level shall be the average of sound level meter readings taken consecutively at any given time from four (4) or more diametrically opposite positions, four (4’) feet above ground level, when measured at a distance of three hundred (300’) feet from the production equipment. A maximum sound level of 85 dB(a) shall apply to formation fracturing when measured at a distance of three hundred (300’) feet from the production equipment in question.
(2) No person shall operate or permit to be operated in connection with the operation of a producing well any engine, compressor or motor-driven machinery of any type which creates a sound level greater than 65dB(a) when measured at a distance of three hundred (300’) feet from the well site. The noise level shall be the average of sound level meter readings taken consecutively at any given time from four (4) or more diametrically opposite positions measured at a distance of three hundred (300’) feet from the well site.
(3) Sound level measurements shall be made with a sound level meter conforming, at a minimum, to the requirements of the American National Standards Institute.
(4) If sound levels exceed the dB(a) levels cited in (1) and (2) of this subsection, the Gas Inspector may require sound reducing mufflers
Guy, are you saying that they'll still honor the contract if we don't sign it by Aug. 30?
No I am not saying that. I am saying that I feel like Petrohawk may be flexible if asked but they don't have to be legally.
Every person I've talked to has signed. I don't think I'll have much luck in changing anyone's mind.
Yeah I would too SBossierGuy. I am not real up on this but instead of it referring to the Haynesville Zone since they seem to redefine it so often maybe there should be a depth clause of something like 10,500 to 13,000
Someone who knows more about this could give us better info. I also like a minimum royalty clause :p (of maybe 2000 a month j/k hehe)
SBossierGuy - you also might be interested in the links posted on the other topics @ main board regarding other surface issues. Articles from Ft. Worth area are being posted re. laying of pipeline. It seems one of the BIG players has taken to getting homes condemned if they want to run the pipeline through your neighborhood. My understanding is that they're using eminent domain to accomplish this.

Good luck over there.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service