I searched this site and did not see a map of prospective area for the brown dense.  I did see Southwestern's play map in its latest presentation.  Does anyone know if anyone else has a map of the brown dense play area?  Thanks

Views: 4477

Replies to This Discussion

I just read in "The Inquisitor" (March 23rd edition, page 15) that Devon and Southwestern are two majors moving on the Brown Dense/Lower Smackover... Blanchard is a target area and parts of East Texas.  Said something about unconfirmed production levels of oil at 500 barrels a day.  Leasing rates between $500-$1,000/acre @ 22.5 % royalty... will not go as high as $25,000 an acre as it did in the "boom" days.  Does anyone have new/confirmed information.   The editor said he would be updating when new information comes in.

jhh

The Inquisitor is about the last place I would look for accurate information regarding the LSBD.

LOL.  Looks like a local "Star" or National Enquirer.   Specializing in the seedy side of life certainly dosen't qualify one to report on  oil production rates!!

HAHAHAHA!

I was sort of surprised there was a write-up in the first place!

Other than the involvement of SWN and Devon none of the LSBD rumors reported as news in The Inquisitor are even close to factual.  But then again that rag has never been concerned with responsible journalism.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service