Owners Relations Contact Information


P.O. Box 18496
Oklahoma City, OK 73154-0496


Division Orders

            (877) CHK-1GAS
Fax: (405) 879-9563


revinquiry@chk.com          (877) CHK-1GAS   

Fax: (405) 879-9558



production@chk.com               (877) CHK-1GAS 

Fax: (405) 849-4211

Daily Activity Report

             (877) CHK-1GAS 

Fax: (405) 879-9534

Joint Interest Billing

                           (877) CHK-1GAS

Fax: (405) 879-9532

P.O. Box 960165
Oklahoma City, OK 73196-0165


How do I change my address?

Please notify Chesapeake promptly of any change in your mailing address. This notice must be in writing with your signature or the signature of your appointed agent. Please include your owner number, old address and new address, including the zip code. For your protection, address changes will not be accepted by telephone. Mail changes to our Division Order Department. (See Owner Relations Contact Information page for address.)


Can I set up direct deposit?

Chesapeake is now offering an electronic funds transfer (EFT) option for its revenue interest owners. This service is provided for your convenience at no additional cost to you. EFT payments are only available for accounts drawn within the United States. If you elect to receive electronic payments, you will no longer receive your payment detail by mail. However, you can access the detail online and you can even have this detail emailed to you through this website. Please complete the attached enrollment form, with a voided check, and return to the address provided. If you have any questions about the enrollment process, please contact our Division Order Department at 1-877-CHK-1GAS or email them at oinquiryDO@chk.com.


What is the purpose of my "Owner Number?"

You have been assigned an exclusive owner number to distinguish you from Chesapeake's other interest owners. When communicating with Chesapeake, please include your owner number.


Why have I not received my check?

The most common reason is because your account has not reached your minimum pay status. Chesapeake remits revenue to you once your balance exceeds $100 unless you have previously requested (from Chesapeake) to be set up with a $25 minimum pay status. Amounts over $10, but under your minimum pay amount, are paid annually in July.

Occasionally, payments are held due to matters which create uncertainty as to ownership, such as a notice of death, change of address, transfer of property, assignment of interest or legal dispute. Payments due are accumulated and released when the matter affecting ownership has been resolved. Inquiries regarding suspense balances must be communicated in writing to our Division Order Department.


When should I receive my check?

Monthly checks for both oil and gas revenues are mailed by the last business day of the month. If you have not received your check by the 15th of the next month, please call our Contact Center at 1-877-CHK-1GAS.


What are "Stale dated" Checks?

Our revenue checks are not negotiable after 90 days. If you did not deposit your check within that time frame, we must re-issue the check. Please return the check to our Revenue Department (P.O. Box 18496, Oklahoma City, OK 73154), and we will take the necessary steps to include this amount (with full detail) on your next revenue check.


Why is backup withholding deducted from my revenue check?

A valid Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number must be provided to Chesapeake for reporting and identification purposes. If it is not, the Internal Revenue Service requires withholding of 28% of all revenues (30% for foreign residents) until the information is provided.

© 2020   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service