EXCO Resources seems to be rather quiet in all the HS hoopla. Their SEC filings say they are planning 3 wells in the HS for 2008. And about 14 verticals. Anyone heard anything else? Are the big players tying up the limited number of companies that can drill a horizontal? We own property in sections 12, 13, 24, and 25. T14N-R13W. From what I can tell from here (Illinois)EXCO has quite a leasehold in this area and most landowners are HBP in the CV formation. Would this not be a good place to drill the shale since it would not involve the huge bonus payments?

Tags: Desoto, EXCO, Winchester

Views: 189

Replies to This Discussion

With those divison orders , Do you have a TITLE OPINION ????

Exco will have a conference call on Wednesday 2/25/09 at 11:00 AM CST. (800) 309-5788 call Id#82871332
EXCO will host a conference call on Wednesday, February 25, 2009, at 11:00 a.m. (Dallas time) to discuss the contents of this release and respond to questions. Please call (800) 309-5788 if you wish to participate, and ask for the EXCO conference call ID#82871332. The conference call will also be webcast on EXCO’s website at http://www.excoresources.com under the Investor Relations tab. Presentation materials related to this release will be posted on EXCO’s website on Tuesday, February 24, 2009, after market close.
I spoke with a friend of mine who works for them and he said they have a horizontal well fixing to start production said it was around 25mcf. It was off the Friendship Road area. also said they had drilled a couple of verticals and that they actually produced less than the Cotton Valley when drilled as a vertical. He said they were simply drilling them to hold the leases. I dont believe her would be pulling my leg so I thought I would pass along.
Kirk, your friend is indeed correct it appears. The well he is referring to is probably Sammo Partnership 18 - #5.
http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

I saw it Sat. The horizontal wells certainly have much more equipment than the verticals I visited. The 12" gathering line for that well is also in place now. There also appears to be a large rig being setup on Highway 175 down there. Any ideas on that one?
I saw it when I was in N LA last week but dont have any info if I hear I will pass along.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service