If this Haynesville Shale is as big as it has been advertised, and through the enormous bonus checks it seems quite possible, waiting should not be a bad thing. Yes, you will miss some bonus money but after all the cost has been paid which probably would be nothing compared to the royalties and production cost you would definitely be in the drivers seat. Those who have signe leases and the wells start producing you will be locked in as far as negotiating is concerned. The law allows the one who has invested greatly in a well to pay you your royalties as agreeded and this is it, which I think would be nothing when the gas/oil flow is really going. Some companies are paying penalties not to release the information gathered from the already producing wells. Why do you think this is happening? Limit information and reduce payout. Just thoughts that I wanted to share with this great group and here from others who will be serious considering waiting.

Views: 25

Replies to This Discussion

Anthont, would you please provide factual support for your statement that companies are paying penalties for not releasing information from producing wells.
I spoke to a oil executive at XTO and he stated
Shell Oil was paying penalties for not releasing there information.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service