GAS LEASE!!!-What we really should be doing is learning how to read a gas lease.

Can anyone in DeSoto Parish go to the clerks office and get a copy of a gas lease?
Remember it is not what is in the lease that is most important it is what is "not in the lease" which can come back to bite you.

Views: 40

Replies to This Discussion

I want to see a copy of a recently signed gas lease. I am 700 miles away and can not do this myself.

If you get a copy and white out or blacken out the names of the landowners and put in on the site for all to see (scan in), it would help us see what we might be signing.
THE ADDENDUM IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF A LEASE.
I am out of state can not do this myself.

But we should be reading what we are going to sign before we sit down at the table.

WHEN BUYING A CAR WE ALL JUST SIGN THE DOCUMENTS THAT ARE PUT IN FRONT OF US BECAUSE WE ARE SO EXCITED TO BE GETTING A NEW CAR.

Well I do not want to be so excited that I lose perspective when I am signing my gas lease. This is not a car.
Where would I find this website? Thank you.
The website for the DeSoto Parish Clerk of Court is: desotoparishclerk.org

As Mr. McConnell mentioned, it is not a "free" site. You will have to pay $50.00 as a set-up charge to begin your account, $50.00 for the first month (this is just for the basic account and you will only be able to view the indexes, not entire documents and suits) and $50.00 if you wish to be able to view everything. Basic package is $50.00 per month, deluxe package is $100.00 per month.

I am pretty sure I have it straight but you can call the Clerk at (318) 872-3110 and they can tell you if anything has changed.
Thanks for the info.
The Clerks office in Sabine Parish responded to my request and gave me appropriate access to all the information I needed timely and pleasantly FREE.....
Tom
WOW....way to go! Wonder if Desoto would be as pleasant.
My expierence - NO WAY expect the same from DeSoto
Well, it depends on what you are asking for. The original post was from someone who wanted to see "a lease", not a specific lease. So he's asking that someone look up someone's lease and provide a copy, so he can see what language is included. The clerk's offices really aren't in a position to just go and run the records like that. Now, if you have a specific document you're looking for, most of the clerks will be happy to help. It just depends. DeSoto, also, is very crowded these days, and Sabine is maybe not so busy.

To the original poster - if you mainly want to review a sample lease, there's one posted here at the City of shreveport's website:

http://www.shreveportshale.com/

And I don't work for DeSoto Parish, just wanted to say that a lot of what any clerk's office can do for you, especially over the phone, depends on what it is you're asking for.
Kassi has some good clauses outlined; the link is posted at the bottom of the main page of this site.

Until recently, SS#s were listed on leases and available to public display.
That's actually a problem that clerk's offices everywhere have with all their records, now that they are moving to online access. Online access is wonderful, but a large variety of public records used to carry SSNs - deeds, leases, mortgages, etc. I think that may be one reason that the clerks are using subscriptions to limit access (apart from the time and cost involved in scanning records, maintaining the websites and databases, etc.). I've always said that people would be shocked to know what could be learned about them from public records.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service