That's right, back February 28, 2006, ODMI Royalty Management of Corpus Christi, Tx was mailing out $300 conditional draft checks to purchase ALL OF YOUR INTEREST IN OIL, GAS, AND MINERAL ROYALTIES. I wonder how many bit on that deal? To me, this was an indicator that someone had inside information about the Haynesville shale that was publicly announced in March, 2008. Also, they were expending resources to look-up property owners, and active mineral deeds at the Jefferson, Texas courthouse.

On Texas Hwy 49 at State of Louisiana Hwy 2 Intersection of MC 3511 running North & South, on the Louisiana side lies the community of Trees, La. 71081. The significance is in 1906 the first well was drilled in the great Caddo Pine Island field, and rest is history. For those who like oil history, the State of Louisiana Oil Museum is located in Oil City, La. 71061, a short drive from the Texas State line. Just a quick of this land, and you can get a Jed Clampet chill.

In 1906 during the boom to follow, landmen offered $0.50 cents and eventually up to $500 a acre bonus gas lease signing at the it's peak. Today there is still stripper wells producing oil after 102 years.

Just for the record, the Haynesville shale is the fourth largest gas discovery in the world! It also has a characteristic of having higher pressure than most shales. The shale encompasses an area of 3.5 million acres.

So those being offered leases for small amounts of money beware! Knowledge is power, so get busy gathering up information what other communities are actively doing, while developing your Haynesville shale knowledge base. The point, when the landmen come you can be more of equal negotiator.

My synopsis is, we've got the minerals, they know it, and they are organized to come get it when their financial window of opportunity presents itself. Are you prepared yet?

Views: 32

Replies to This Discussion

Is there any leasing or drilling activity occurring in Marion County? My sister and I have just inherited land and are currently being approached regarding leasing about land around the C Willard Survey. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
There was interesting discussion in the "North Caddo Forum" about the Pine Island formation that might interest you.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service