HEARD FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE THAT THE WELL HAS A POTENTIAL OF 13-16 MILLION PER DAY.

Views: 190

Replies to This Discussion

im hearing that the well can flow more than that but due to line compacity cant. anadarko plans several wells on their holdings close to allen-powhattan area. the first on will be cane river #1 rig should be on location sometime after the first of the year. lets all hope the markets will get stable and the price of natural gas will go back up.
So what does this mean for other possible natural gas wells in northwest Natchitoches Parish as well as northern Natchitoches Parish ?? Will this data (given the test flow amount given ) have a possible slow down on drilling for natural gas in northern Natchitoches Parish in the future (more than current natural gas prices) , and what does this mean for the statement given above as " A POTENTIAL OF 13-16 MILLION PER DAY" ?????

The Messenger well test results are as follows: Data can be found at: http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...

Gas Flow Rate - 4,790 thousand cubic feet per day (Mcfd)
Water Flow Rate - 100 Bbls per day
Flowing Pressure - 3600 psi
Choke Size - 14/64"
Perforated Interval - 13346' to 13817'
Weatherman,
I would think that this information is great news for Natchitoches Parish. These are great numbers for a vertical well.As far as the "13-16 million per day", sounds like speculation. But 4,790 MCFD is excellant for a vertical well on a 14/64" choke. I would love to see what this well would do as a horizontal.
Thanks BirdDawg for your response... If anyone else has reliable insight into this, I am sure the readers of this comment page would appreciate it.
Weatherman, BirdDawg's comment and insight were excellent!!
This is what is now posted on Sonris regarding the Messenger Well:

COMPLETED 9-8-08; GAS; CV RA; 5727 MCFD; 12/64 CHOKE; 8376 FP; CP ON PRK; PERFS 13,346-13,817'

Great results, but I wonder why it is being called a Cotton Valley well? Since the preforations cover almost 500 feet, it sounds to me like several different zones possibly.
BirdDawg, this is a super well to produce such high gas rate in a vertical HS well. The state is wrong in classifying this as a Cotton Valley well as it is clearly perforated in the Bossier/Haynesville Shale interval. I believe the confusion was created by an application to designate this as a substitute well for the CV RA SUA when it is not being completed in the CV Formation.
Thanks for the info Les. It just seems to me that they should change the nomenclature from Cotton Valley to maybe a Jurrasic.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service