There is a 10/10 group coming together. Any Section 18 owners interested?

Chesapeake called in response to an e-mail and said, although they aren't focusing there yet, they'd go 3,000 & 25% if I was interested. Wonder what they'd pay a group that represented a sizable chunk of the section.

Anyone in Secs 15 - 18, 19 - 22, 27 - 30, or 31 - 34 would be a good fit too.

Views: 123

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, what town are you close to? We have land in clarence and i was just wondering if any activity in this area? thanks
I am a few miles West of Ajax near Bethel Chapel church. Per the maps I've seen, Ajax is just on the edge of the "core" area, but it depends on whose map you look at. Fact is, no one knows enough yet to say what the boundaries really are. Check out http://haynesvilleshalemap.com/ for one example and some relevant discussion.

I'm not familiar with Clarence. Do you know your location by Section, Township, Range? If not, you need to find out. The Intergrated Map feature on SONRIS (http://sonris-www.dnr.state.la.us/) is one source. If it uploads OK, this PDF I printed from there might help you sort it out.
Attachments:
im in township 12 range 6w and section 12? are we out of the area they are looking at? or do you know..thanks
Based on the map at the link I just posted it looks like you are a few miles outside "core". But I think there's not enough data points yet to really say, so keep your fingers crossed.
thanks for the map vigo! where did you get it? the first time i've seen anything like it....i noticed that the allen well isnt encompassed in that play area and i'm thinking that is what will bring it further my way if anything does...i do know there is both gas/oil on my land from 40 years or so ago so who know this whole play changes every day..fingers crossed for sure!!!
My wife found the one I linked to. Several of the big players have maps in various places on their web sites - Chesapeake, Petrohawk, etc. You'll find them if you click around a bit. Problem is, you can pretty much count on the one's prepared for investors looking optimistic and those intended for more general audiences (you and me) more pessimistic, like the one in the Shreveport Times a while back.

If you haven't played around with the Integrated Map on SONRIS, do so. It can be very informative, especially if you plot onto it the locations of all the well permits issued in 2008 which you can pull up on SONRIS Lite. It takes a while to filter the list down to those in your general area, but it helps you get a handle on who is in play where.

The well numbers on the list are hyperlinks to the latest well reports, so you can step from list to the well detail in one click. The scouting detail about half-way down on each page is the most useful. For example, the latest report on Messenger (Well #237289) as of 7/1 is Measured Depth -10,470 feet Drilling.
http://sonlite.dnr.state.la.us/sundown/cart_prod/cart_con_wellinfo2...
thanks vigo...my best asset outside of my property is time ...it will allow me to become more educatied about what is going on.
you mentioned you contacted chesapeake. try encana. encana has the messenger well just to your east in 10n, 9w.
chesapeake's properties are north of you quite a bit. encana would be a better fit for your land. they seem to be staking out a claim to the south of chesapeake's properties.
just a suggestion! let me know how it goes...
john any idea if encana is anywhere around me at township 12 range 6w section 12...i do know seismic is being done on my property now and i was told by the ches is who hired them
hey natch, no, sorry, i don't know the answer to your question. seismic activity is good, though. it means someone is taking your land seriously.

as i appreciate the situation, the gas companies pretty much know the northern border (I-20 or, in geographic terms T20N), and they know the western border in texas.

they are still investigating the southern border and the eastern border. the messenger well is in 10N, 9W. if it hits, it will further extend the "proven" southern and eastern borders. then, they'll have to keep going to find the extent of those borders.

everyone in natchitoches parish is pulling for the messenger well. :)
natch,

i leased to encana in t11n r11w. also leased to chesapeake in t9 r11w. i heard someone on the ajax marthaville road was offered 11250 a couple weeks back. somewhere in one of these threads somone mentions xto wanting to lease anywhere around ajax. don't know what town you are located by but hopefully this helps.
The first clue I had about the HS play was from an EnCana rep offering 1,500/acre. I knew that was 10 times the going rate a year ago. Two clicks into a Google search revealed why. As you say, Chesapeake's not even focusing on my area yet, but they called anyway in response to an e-mail and floated 3,000/acre to see if I'd bite. It's not paper in hand, but I suspect they'd get it to me quickly if I said let's do it. The EnCana guy is waiting for me to counter with what I would accept, if only I could figure that out.

There's a group of us considering pooling our acreage and soliciting sealed bids. I've seen excellent results from selling timber by sealed bid. It seems like the best way to probe the upper limit of the market. Does anybody see a down side?

Another thought - what are the chances that there are O&G reps reading and posting here along with us landowners. What's the downside of that I wonder? Would that give them any advantage?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service