Schedule of Public Hearings! EVERYONE needs to watch this closely!!

I am surprised more people do not talk about this. It is a list of old and upcoming permits and forced pooling for sections. If you see your section highlight on the bottom map at the bottom application, you may want to sign a lease fast or risk being forced pooled!!! Sometimes there is only a 2 week notice!! The Red River Fields I know of so far are as follows...
MARTIN FIELD
BRACKY BRANCH FIELD
RED RIVER-BULL BAYOU FIELD
Thorn Lake
WoodardVille
Gahagan
There may be others.
Comments?
P.S. The link is on the left side of the home page.
P.S. The application permits should also be in the back the coushatta newspaper. (Legal notices)

Tags: Forced, Permits, Pooling

Views: 83

Replies to This Discussion

Duster, I echo your statement that people should be watching this schedule. It gives an early indication of future drilling activity in the HS.
Duster,
Good point. Here are the names of the fields in RRP:

Field Code Field Name
0063 ALPHA
0970 BAYOU PIERRE
1227 BAYOU TOULON
1843 BRACKY BRANCH
2308 CANNISNIA LAKE
2332 CARROLL CREEK
2360 CASPIANA
2968 COUSHATTA
3348 DES ARC
3998 GAHAGAN
4028 GAY ISLAND
4304 GRASSY LAKE
4610 HOPE, EAST
4973 LACHUTE
5252 LAKE END
5955 LIBERTY
6291 MADDEN BRANCH
6562 MARTIN
7651 RED RIVER-BULL BAYOU
7644 REDOAK LAKE
8918 THORN LAKE
8981 TOPY CREEK
9715 WILDCAT
9748 WILLIAMS
9803 WOODARDVILLE
How would someone find out if sec 6 T 12n R 9w is in any of these fields. Thanks for any help.
Harold,
Sonris shows that one wildcat well was drilled in the 50's in section 6, it is dry and plugged. There are no fields named in your township. Because section 6 is in the NW corner of T12N R9W it is between the Coushatta Field SW of you and the Carroll Creek field NE of you.
Interesting. I need info on 11 T12N R9W - and I've been to Sonris but do not know how to get to maps, etc. Where can I go to monitor my acreage and how do I do that? I've been away from RRP so long I have almost no connections there except the old home. I surely would like to know it if I were about to be forced pooled. Is it true that if that happens they have to pay you the highest rate you've been offered? Or do they decide for themselves what to pay? Thanks for the info.
You seen to be in the "redoak lake field" which is just below the hot activity in the Martin field. Keep checking the DNR website link on the main page. Be on the look out for any of the Red River parish fields. I am thinking about signing with a few others soon. May I ask how many acres you have and if you may want to join us? I sounds like you are in a good location.
I only have about 40 there. I have trouble joining though. I'm in Texas, and really swamped with professional responsibilities. Keeping in contact, etc., is very difficult. I don't have any problem sharing info, though - as long as nobody expects me to be online every day. Thanks for the info. I finally got to the DNR site today, and figured out how to look at the plats. That's a big help. C
Carol, I recommend you read through this board and look for discussions on force pooling. You probably don't have to worry about this in the near term as most of the activity is to the north and northwest in the Martin and Bracky Branch Fields (T13N-R8W and T13N-R9W).

By the way, it is not true about being paid the highest rate. If you don't find the discussions on force pooling or need additional details, drop me a comment.
Thanks, Les. I really would like to know about whether they can set your lease price by unitizing. I have some offers on the table and I have no idea about a time line - but like most everybody else, I'm so swamped that what I do is put out fires - so getting to something that doesn't seem immediately urgent [i.e. absent blood or smoke!] or that isn't on my schedule is nearly impossible. It has worked well so far with the leasing - I didn't even put it on the back burner when they first starting leasing years ago, so now I have a chance to share in the bigger bucks. I've been working on a lease that is not so badly skewed to the leasee.

And one other question: does the concept of informed consent have any place in the lease/agreement? Thanks c
Carol, the operator cannot set your lease terms by force pooling or unitizing. If you have not leased your acreage at the time of unitization then you will be force pooled and become a working interest owner. With 40 acres you would have a 6.25% ownership in the unit (640 acres). The operator would recoup any well drilling and operating costs from your share of revenue (production). You can still negotiate and sign a lease agreement after being unitized.

I am not familiar with the term "informed consent" in regard to a lease agreement.
My land is in section 23, township 14N, Range 9W. Is this located in the area of "forced pooling" ?
I have not seen any force pooling for your section. That could change given your close proximity to the Woodwardville and Martin Fields.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service