Hopefully this will serve as a central site for all mineral lease activity in Sabine County. Please record any information that will be helpful for other mineral owners.

Two recent bits of information should be of interest.

I have heard from a reliable source that several thousand acres have been leased in the Geneva and Milam areas. The price per acre was around $6000.00

Another reliable source has told me that 3 or 4 hundred acres was leased near the Pendelton bridge for $10,000.00 per acre.

This would indicate that prices to lease minerals are continuing to climb.

Views: 180

Replies to This Discussion

Do you know if it is Devon doing the majority of the leasing? Also, would you tell me where Pendelton bridge is in relation to Geneva or Milam? Thanks!
It is east of Milam and Geneva at the Louisana-Texas state line on highwy 21.

Devon may be doing the majority of the leasing in Sabine County but I do not think they leased either of the tracts mentioned above.
Do you kow what company leased near pendelton bridge? Thanks for the info.
I think it may have been Chesapeake
Any of the 300/400 acres near the bridge under the lake that went for 10,000.00? I have 139 acres just north of bridge adjacent to the state line, but under the lake. Also, does Chesapeake have a local office?
our family has mineral rights to an old ranch-most of it under water-about 330acres north and east of hemphill. Told by Devon that they weren't leasing under the lake at this time. I don't know if this is true but am reporting what was told to one of the family members. Also have heard that mineral rights under the toledo bend resevoir are just as valuable but will take time to get offers. If any one else has info about mineral rights leasing under the 'bend' please let me know. David
I would be interested in the contact info for Chesapeake also!
YAY!
I am also interested if someone knows.
rebel roy are you from spur 35 off 21
No, I am about a mile from intersection of 21 and 87.
Hi all,

I have to debunk my own information. I was the source of the 10K rumor (that's what it was) and I now have to straighten out the mess and apologize. So here goes...

A friend of mine has family land (300 ac.) north of hwy 21 between Milam and Pendleton (he lives just west of the P bridge). He spoke with someone, who had leased already, about lease offers and apparently that person told him to just wait and he could get 10K an acre...but my friend didn't hear the "just wait" part and thought he was being told he could get that price now. I asked my friend, "Did he get that price when he leased?". My friend replied, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure he did". I'm really sorry but that is just not true at this time, although it could be true in the near future. The man he was talking to leased for 5000.00 several weeks ago. Some of the land was near Hemphill and the rest was just SE of Milam.

I should have checked it out further before I shared it with anyone. I apologize and I will try to verify anything else I hear before I get everyone all excited.

That 10K lease offer idea may have stemmed also from the news that Devon (from Rick Hargroves mouth to my ear) BOUGHT 300 acres in the Geneva area, land and minerals, for 10K an acre. So, if you have land and minerals, your property values have gone up. Don't sell even an acre with the minerals unless you get at least 10K (and that is not really a good price for your mineral interests).
Once again I will repeat...THIS WAS NOT A LEASE. IT WAS A PURCHASE.

Also CONFIRMED, a lease was signed by a family which has LARGE (more than a 1000 acres) holdings that straddle Shelby/Sabine county line with Chesapeake for 17,000.00 an acre. So a chunk of Sabine County actually has leased for 17K. I got this from a lady who has been instrumental in getting her family land leased in the Rosevine area for 6K with Devon. Her information on the going lease offers from all companies in the area is usually pretty well on target because she has been negotiating for two months now with anyone who would make an offer.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service