My family has a combined 40 acres in Sabine Parish. Does anyone have any experience with groups and paying someone a percentage of the lease bonus to negotiate for them?

Views: 64

Replies to This Discussion

i have dealt with two different lawyers regarding this. one lawyer charged 3% and the other 5%. the money they charged comes out of the lease payment and not any royalties. i used both attorneys for 2 different sections of land and have had no issues paying this small amount because the title searches on one of the properties would have been too much for me to handle.

i assume you are in sabine parish since you are posting your question on the sabine network. i hear that don burkett is now in the business so he maybe someone you could contact.
Thanks for the info olddog.

Pam
pam, the group that recently got the 13.ooo for their group with some of it in sabine is getting another group togather. many in this one in houston spur area, hwy.. 171 between noble and converse and mitchell, oak grove area. i beleive despite the charge you do much better in a good group !
Ken,
Do you know if a Mr. Ron Black is the person starting this group? Do you know anything about him?
Pam
no, this is two of the former group doing the legwork and in home meetings.it will be handled by a law firm in coushatta when approved. they sure got some results the first time, but some land is more desirable. if you hit the right group you can benefit.
Pam, please forgive! Ron was the one in charge. For some reason i did not connect when i read your reply....i am in that group and we hear back aug. 5.....should be interesting how ever i am not happy with the disparity between desoto and sabine !!!
Where and what section is your 40 acres in, I am an indepenedent lease consultant and can give u an idea of what is being paid in ur twn and sec
Pam,
I know Ron Black pretty well along with Brad and Ricky Hines. I have a high respect for all three. Now, having said that, I am also 63 year old and somewhere in some case, someone will wind up being mad at one or all of them sooner or later. It is human nature. If I had the land available and desired to get into a group, I'd probably talk to these guys.
Hi, I am Pam's cousin. Our 40 acres are in Sec. 9N, Township 9N, Range 12W. Thanks.
Pam, my family to has 40 acres in sabine parish and we used an attorney in Mansfield who is doing a lot of these lease contracts. He has negociated manymany leases. We were offered $4, 000 +25% per acre and he got us $12,500 + 25%. His fees are 3% of the bonus money. I will give his name and address to you off line if you wish. Email me and tell me how to contact you.

Grumpz

RSS

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service