Heard there was a well around Negreet. The attached website reports the following:

He reports of a BP Plc test well in Rusk County flowing at 26 million cubic feet per day. Shell tested a vertical well on the southern edge of Sabine Parish, he said, at 3 million per day from the Bossier and another 3 million from the Haynesville that commingled for a total of 4- to 6 million cubic feet per day.
“From a vertical well bore that is almost unheard of from a shale well,” he said.

http://www.oilandgasinvestor.com/Headlines/WebJune/item2836.php

Views: 111

Replies to This Discussion

does this means lease prices are going up further south? we have been told we are on the border, but negreet is further south than we are. we are 4 miles east of zwolle, township 8N 12W. we have recieved two offers:500 and 1000. do you think we can do better than this?
The decision is yours, but we decided to wait...we are 2 miles outside of Converse...1st offer 3800, 2nd 4000. Another close to us recieved an offer of 4,500. You are not that much further than us. The article posted above seems to indicate their picking "the low lying fruit"..then once they have more capital they'll come back through...if in doubt, may be getting an attorney to negotiate for you is an option...you can always say no.
Near Converse their are rumors of potential $12,000 per acre going aound
there was a confirmed 13.000 per acre signing. he was in a group with acreage in other parishes though !
I think the well was actually in Florien, not Negreet. We are in Belmont and were told a month ago take 3300 or leave it. Neighbors signed for 5100 2-3 weeks ago. 1 week ago another neighbor signed for 7000. So yes you can do better, just hold out. At 500 and 1000, they will lease your land and flip it to someone like chesapeake for 7-10.
Wow! Have you heard anything similar up towards Converse?
not yet but if the murry well in pleasant hill makes it i'm sure converse will heat up. they were flaring the olympia well in belmont the other night and you could see the glow for five miles or so, supposed to be a good one. murry is supposed to be just as good.
we have been considering hiring a land manager-specifically joe rainier. any advice on a land manager v an attorney?
There will be a meeting Tuesday night at the Many High School gym for all landowners in Sabine Parish. There will be lots of info in all areas of this. The DA encourages everyone who owns property to come....whether you have leased or not. Maybe there will be some info available that will help you with your decision.
Great article, olddog, thanks. I was wondering where you found the information about south Sabine? I didn't find it in that article if you could tell me or post a link to where I could find that information it would be greatly appreciated.
you are not gonna believe this, they took it out of the article! the quote above is from the orginal and i have copies that printed out. i will get it scanned and put the orginal on here this afternoon.
Do you know how long ago the Shell well was drilled in South Sabine? Also, I have seen reports that this well was South of Negreet and some reports of it being in Florien.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service