What is the scoop?

There is a new mega well pad, fenced with security guards, a road to die for, and no rig on site.

Pad is located just north of the new Many Wal-Mart, road beside the mobile home park, on the east side of Hwy 171 - T-7 probably R-11 or R-12 - Sabine Parish.

Now for the rumors: Company is Shell - going for oil and gas - 3-D seismic permiting now by CGG Veritas (not a rumor) to include 100 square miles. Some leasing already going on -  Absolutely no one (visitors) allowed on site now or later. Rig to be in place in next few weeks.

Views: 4345

Replies to This Discussion

This is the well Les told us about back in October with this post:

Shell has permitted the first Haynesville Shale well to test T7N-R11W.  This well is at least four miles south of other Haynesville Shale wells in the area and should provide test of the southern edge of the play when drilled and completed.

Even though the proposed surface location is in T8N-R11W, the planned horizontal lateral is located in Sec 6 of T7N-R11W.

Shell, Olympia Min 6 #1 Well, Serial #243915, S31(6)-T8(7)N-R11W

I have not heard any rumors, nor anything about leasing, nor about any seismic activity. I am in 32-8-11 and hear them working over there sometimes.

Where is the new leasing happening? S-T-R??

Thanks for info. Seismic permitting is in and around S19-T7-R-11 . Not sure of S-T-R of the leasing and do not know the amount for lease.

I have been approached for seismic testing by CGG Veritas for 26, 27, 28, 34, 35, 8N 12W.

Positive News!!

This will be one to watch for those of us in this part of the parish. It is encouraging. The first of the year will tell a lot more. Things always move a lot faster then. :-)

4HTSG, I will certainley be watching - but with reservation - this could be a blessing with a positive outcome or could end the fun of hoping and dreaming. LOL.

If Shell goes for all and gas, would that be a lease for two depths? The Haynesville and Austin Chalk?

I suppose it depends on what your lease says. Since the lease would probably be a standard Oil, Gas and Mineral Lease, if there are no amendments made by the mineral owner, I believe they can drill to any depth and as many times as they want on the one lease. Many people feel that the main thing is to just drill! Of course, there are many on here who know a lot more than I do about that.

With all these leases expiring, wells being shut in, acreage held by minimal production for extended periods of time, the age of the leasee, or a bad well are factors that may increase the personal value of the lease money, the lease money may be as good as it gets.

Amen! And it "ain't" what it used to be!

Rig is in the process of being moved from Pleasant Hill to the pad for the Shell permitted well #243915! Hmmm. . . what does the future hold!

Good to finally hear that.

We did hear from the siesmagraph people and were told they will start in Feb. ( S32-T8-R11)

Do you know anything about the well in the Carson community, near the church?

Thanks for the update.

4HTSG, CGG placed siesmic stakes on some areas of S19-T7-R-11 this past week and company trucks running around area.

Where is the Carson community, what is the name of the church?

At this time the rig for permitted well #2439151 has not moved onto site, will have to wait and see.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service