NFR or Neighbors is drilling a well in northwest shelby county. They only permitted it to 13000. ft. It puzzles me why they only permitted to 13000 ft. when both the chesapeake well west of it and the big well northeast of it which is just south of murvall were 14000 ft. Both big producers. Why stop 1000 ft short. And I know for a fact that Phillips petroleum drilled right next to our property (about 2mi. from the nfr well) back in 1980 and hit really high pressure at 13300 because we were there and privy to a little info about what was going on. and that well was on higher elevation than the well that nfr drilled. The other odd thing is the info that the texas railroad commission has online about the phillips well is totally incorrect. And there was another phillips well that I cant find on the trc site at all.
What Am I missing here???

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

If you are talking about the Phillips Harvey "G" #1 it was only drilled to 11,790 feet.
Yes it would be the Phillips Harvey G but they actually drilled way past 11790. they drilled to salt. I know what the trr info says but we know for a fact that isnt correct for whatever reason. They hit gas several times as i understand it but the high pressure wasnt till 13300.
also the well is not exactly in the right spot on the trr map. It was on the north side of the road not south. But I can understand that maybe being off.
I think the well being referred to is the Mitchell Trust #1.
Phillips drilled the Harvey "G" # 1 back in 1980. This well is approximately two miles from the NFR Mitchell Trust #1 location in northwest Shelby. I think this is the well that Gone Fishin is talking about.
I gotcha now. Gone Fishin referred to more than one well and I misunderstood which one you were referring to. Do you know anything about the status of the Mitchell Trust #1?
Sorry, I don't have any info on the Mitchell Trust well yet.
I see the Mitchell trust well is going to be redrilled. Any idea what happened.
The Mitchell Trust #1 encountered a salt water flow at 3846'. They had to plug the well. They then moved the location about 50' to drill the 1-A. Also, the salt in the Harvey "G" #1 is at 11,785'.
I'm not sure where you are getting your info but the harvey g well ended up hitting a salt dome. They said the decision of what to do with the well went all the way to the top. N.Y. I believe. My info is from someone on site daily during the drilling. Why would salt water be found that shallow and how would moving over a few feet help?
I am just going by the Harvey "G" #1 electric log, mud log, and RRC plugging report. There are some shallow water producing limestones in the area. The Fredericksburg gives people trouble sometimes. A company can set deeper surface or intermediate casing over the water zone to solve the problem. Phillips set 13 3/8 @ 854. They also set 9 5/8 @ 3678, which covered the Fredericksburg. NFR set 9 5/8 @ 1100.
ok, that makes sense.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service