If you lease to a company do they have the right to have a seismagraphic survey done of the property? Or, should there be separate compensation for allowing the Seismagraphic survey?

Views: 23

Replies to This Discussion

once you have entered into an oil and gas lease, you have granted the lessee the right to conduct seismic operations at no additional money paid to you. The surface owner though has the right to negotiate any surface damages that may be caused by the operations.
Good answer, but I don't think Seismagraphic companies, contact mineral owners, unless they own the surface. It just makes since that if they don't own the surface then it wouldn't matter to them...or would it? I'm just wondering about this myself, because folks all around me, have heard from seismagraphic groups, saying, they work for this company and that company. But, do any of them do testing on land that is not leased to the company that they are testing for...Could it be they are just gathering the info. to sell to the next company that ask for it?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service