Pre-application letter from Bob Anderson, PE, Inc. dated 7-29 has an error

I received the above yesterday regarding the application for unitization, pooling, etc. for Camterra and noticed that the plats didn't match the verbage in the descriptions in the letter, so I called Bob Anderson's office. The wrong plats were attached to the letter, so a new one is forthcoming.

Views: 20

Replies to This Discussion

Beth,
I recv'd the same letter. And again it was greek to me. Is is possible that you could help me understand it a little better.
It's the same sort of notice of pre-application hearing that Camterra and others have done before: they are asking the Department of Conservation to unitize several sections for the Hosston, Pettet, Cotton Valley and Lower Cotton Valley formations and permission for a downhole combination for drilling. In my relatively uniformed opinion, they're asking for permission to drill a vertical Haynesville well without calling it that. Since the wrong plats were mailed out, as I confirmed by a phone call to Mr. Anderson's office yesterday, we can't tell if there is any other existing production in the units where landowners might have an expiring lease with a Pugh clause.

The application also requests force pooling. I suspect the application includes my section 34, on which Camterra is drilling, and 33, which has the DeBroeck well. There are several other Camterra permits in Caddo Parish that have not been unitized yet, so until the correct plats are mailed we don't know which sections are affected. I think that all of my section was leased last year, so I doubt there will be anyone affected by the force pooling in my section.

Since the Department of Conservation issued a memo yesterday which forbids much of what Camterra was requesting, we may not see a new letter for a few weeks! It will be interesting to see how it will be changed.
Beth,
Thanks alot, makes much more sense. We are in section 28 and currently the only proposal I have seen involving our section is from J-W operating. But I did see the DOC memo, which is encouraging.
How do i get a copy of the Dept. of Conservation memo which was issued, as i got this same letter but i am in N.Desoto. Section 35 which some of my land has not been leased.
Beth - What township, range and section(s) is that application for?
It doesn't say-- the plats, which are the wrong ones-- are the only documents with S,T,R. The application letters just refer to the formation units, which are each different. The formation unit numbers used in the letter are: HOSS RU 96,141,142, 144; CV RA SU 104, 152, 153, 155; and LCV RA SU 23, 117, 119, 123. I gather this means the application refers to four wells. I don't know how to find a plat with the formation units.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service