Is there a group already formed for this area? This encompasses the biggest chunk of Long Lake neighborhood.

Views: 49

Replies to This Discussion

You may want to check, but I believe that they already have a well site & are starting
to put in the road for the derrick in your section. If I am right, that well is going to be located off norris ferry right over the railroad track on the left side before the dump, headed towards the southern loop. Sonris is a good place to check to see if a permit has been issued.
yes, there is a newly formed group in your area. their website is www.norrisferryshale.com most are from section 28 but members are also from surronding sections. Some of Long Lake is in section 28 also. Meeting next week. Check the website for more info.
thank you. I will try to be there.
I, too, am in Section 21. As far as I know most lots are already under lease contract and pad prep has begun south of the dump off Norris Ferry Rd. Camterra is beginning the prep though JW will be the well operator as they now own the majority of the leases. I have heard that much of mineral lease rights for the newer Long Lake properties were retained by the developers. Most of the others are still under a lease contract. Many of us on Wildoak were top leased recently as our original contracts expire Aug. 24th.
After m uch investigation, I determined that the newer part of Long Lake by the lake actually falls into section 28. I just received a recording listing from a landman that shows all the recorded leases in the area. Most of the property in section 21 is "not" leased. Some is though and it appears that Camterra and Cohort Energy have secured the ones that are recorded. The split appears to be about 50/50. I guess that it is possible that some companies did not record their leases but don't know the legality of doing this. I am wondering if Camterra is planning on drilling and then approaching the rest of the land owners or just paying royalties.
I believe that the majority of the leases that are recorded belong to JW operations, but they work very closely with Camterra. Either company will have to have at least 80-85% of the lease holds before they can get permitted and begin drilling. What I have found on sonris shows JW operations have the majority of the leases in sections 20,21,22, & 27
Camterra holds the majority in 29, 32,33,& 34 Now that being said, sections 20,29 have been permitted, but no drilling yet. Sections 22 &32 are currently drilling. And sections 33 & 34 are done waiting of pipeline.
Unfortunately I am not sure how the handle the homeowners that are not leased yet. hope that helps a little.
where on sonris does it show the individual leases as you reference above?
I Hope this works! I have attached the link, you have to know your section, township & range. Once you submit the request, it should bring up well info in that section. Anything that is highlighted & underlines has more information to see.
http://sonris-www.dnr.state.la.us/www_root/sonris_portal_1.htm

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service