Well 240573 completed 3/11.  I am UMO and haven't heard anything from CHK except quarterly expense reports.  How long before CHk contacts me?  I do understand that CHK is not gonna be in any hurry to contact anyone that is UMO. 

Thanks for the help.

Views: 343

Replies to This Discussion

I think some of the umo in that group are starting to get checks. We are in sec. 8 of 16/14 and umo. Have not received a ck yet though
I know that some people received login information awhile back to get on the CHK website for info, but for some reason not everyone.  That doesn't make any sense to me. 
Called CHk today and was told to email them all my info with a copy of my license and social security telling them that I wanted to be added to the royalty list.  I think that this is a load of BS.  I think that if you live in the section, it should be up to the well owner to contact the people, not the other way around.  alot of my neighbors are waiting to be contacted.  Got reply from CHk saying, "My address is in Suspense", and that it was unknown and I needed to send in a written "Change of Address form so they can update their records and add me to the division order".  Isn't this what they have Landmen for to go to the tax assessor's office and find out who is legally in the section?  I thought that was their job.

Ok.  talked with my neighbors and the one next to me has actually received a check on this well.  I sent to chk what I thought that they might need as for an address.  I went ahead and sent them my Lot # thinking that this is what he needed.  Now he is saying that he needs a physical address, which is funny because that is what I originally sent him, along with all my info like my license and SS# and signature.  He is saying that I need to mail it to them to get added, even though my neighbors just called them and got added and already got the division order.  Nice to see that there are people in this section starting to get paid.

Quick question..  Will we get paid all the back money from when the well began producing, or just from when it was paid off?

dd,

No back pay...  After your well pays out, you will receive your %  dollar share of the well's production - less monthly well operating expenses (again, your % of op expenses).  Looks like a good producer!

Make sure if your are UMO, you get your Chk Quarterly Reports.  You will probably need to send a letter to Chk, certified mail, signed return receipt, requiring Chk to send all Quarterly Reports for your well, past, present, and future.  The Chk DO will have the Chk Depts. and addresses you will need, or just call Chk and rattle their chain again.  That's what You are paying dearly for...if you are a Chk UMO.

Good Luck to you.  Read "Caliente's" UMO Discussion on Gohaynesvilleshale.  It is great info.

DrWAVeSport Cd1  10/27/2011

Also, if you would be interested...Please Participate in GHS's "Henry's" Discussion "What Price Are You Getting For Natural Gas."  Send Henry your Chk UMO  "monthly" price per mcf Chk is showing on their Quarterly Reports you will be receiving.  Chk lists 3 months of $/mcf/month, and Chk ALWAYS pays the lowest  $/mcf to its royalty owners and UMOs.  ALWAYS!   We are asking all royalty owners and UMOs to submit these prices for comparison, and you will be able to see those comparisons when GHS's Henry posts them.  It is a must project.  And the more participants, the more important this project becomes...   Henry keeps everything in an "anonymous" forum, so just the $/mcf numbers are posted per O&G Payor/Nat Gas Field/By Month.   We need all GHShalers to join Henry's Discussion.  It is quite important.

Thanks Dan, in advance. 

thanks for the info.  I have been getting the expense reports for the last year.

Quick update.  I did call again to CHk this morning and luckily got to talk with someone that was really good.  At first she was unable to find anything about my address to add to the DO.  She wanted to contact the landman to make sure that I was in the section.  I told her then about the first person at ChK saying that I needed a change of address sent to them, and lo and behold, when I said that she was somehow able to pull up all my info and said that she would have the DO sent out to me today.  So we will see what happens now.

Well finally after many calls/emails to Chesapeake, I got my Division Order and also my first check.  I need to get the DO sent in so they don't automatically deduct the taxes.  My neighbors have also gotten their first checks. 

will I be getting monthly, or quarterly checks?  When I get home, I will post the gas prices that I received from the statement.

Dan,

Are you and your neighbors still UMOs?

My well is in "payout" status as of 9/30/2011...  However, CHK's Accounting Analyst/Payouts (I'm sure the same person dealing with the Ardis Taylor Dr. well Payouts) is giving me the CHK "runaround" #324 of "...there will be a brief period for our 'division order' analysts to verify ownership before APO decks are invoked."  The next sentence is the real kicker:  "I verified that your 'correct' address is in our system and I can assure you that 'when' you check is issued it will be retroactive of the actual payout date of the well."  I guess my CHK "runaround" #324 is the reverse of yours...As, I received CHK DO in Oct. 2010.

I have forwarded all CHK documents to the Louisiana Attorney General's Office for review.  I have run out of patiences with this O&G's 'business practices' where mineral owners are concerned.  CHK has no problem profiting from the procurement, use, sale of mineral owner's revenues. No problems at all in verifying anything, anywhere down the (in my case) 18-month-line-of production.  No problems withholding any and all moneys from my mineral estate.  And yet...Now, at payout, CHK seems to have major problems "paying out."   My mineral estate has been used and withdrawn by CHK as a revenue stream for CHK for over 18 months.  They have had plenty of time to VERIFY from hell and back.  (excuse my impatience...)

If I'm not mistaken...On CHK's website, under "Owner Relations," and "Owner FAQs"...and I quote:

Why have I not received my check?

The most common reason is because your account has not reached your 'minimum pay status.'  Chesapeake remits revenue to you once your balance 'exceeds $100' unless you have previously requested (from Chesapeake) to be set up with $25 minimum pay status.  Amounts over $10, but under your minimum pay amount, are paid annually in July.

'Occasionally' payments are held due to matters which create uncertainty as to ownership, such as a notice of death, change of address, transfer of property, assignment of interest or legal dispute.  Payments due are accumulated and released when the 'matter' affecting ownership has been resolved.  Inquiries regarding suspense balances must be communicated in writing to our Division Order Department.

When should I receive my check?

Monthly checks for both oil and gas revenues are mailed by the last business day of the month.  If you have not received your check by the 15th of the next month, please contact our Contact Center..." 

Per MY mineral estate:

No one has died...  No change of address...  No transfer of property...  No assignment of interest...  No legal dispute...   No uncertainty as to ownership...  And... Revenues owed to me are over $100.

In my opinion...This is a clear case of CHK Energy acting in "bad faith."  We will see what the Louisiana Attorney General's Office thinks.

BTW...  My parents are in the same CHK well as I am, and are UMOs also.   Smelling class action cookin' here!

Good Luck and Congratulations to you and your neighbors.  And a Great GHS Holiday Season to You.

DrWAVeSport Cd1 12/10/201

P.S.  If I don't get back to discussion before the Holidays...Will check in an update after.

Please contribute to "Henry's" GHS Discussion "What Price Are You Getting?"  and, ask neighbors too.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service