O.K. Newbie here so cut me some slack if I screw this up. I just noticed there's no discussion group for my parish and communication among our residents is sketchy and patchy at best because we are VERY new to the oil play, so we don't have any collective wisdom here. Any comments, insights, or even heresay welcome here. What I have to contribute is just information on lease rates and the areas they are concentrating in right now. (Averaging $150 for first three, varying for next two. From 1/6 to 1/5 royalties.) Devon is about a month into drilling it's first Tangipahoa well just a little north of me in Fluker, Louisiana. I have friends who are part of the unit but they are not hearing much of anything. Security at the site is TIGHT with our local sheriff's office maintaining 24 hour presence a couple of hundred yards from the rig itself. They ask you your business and write it all down. I think it's called a "tight hole" or something like that. They are also going to be buying all the pond water nearby. I don't know how much they are paying but will ask around.I have heard that our state is limiting the drilling of wells for water but I'm not sure of that. It was just hearsay from a friend. Well that's it for now.This is a great site. I've learned tons here. Amelia Resources has been a great help as well. Keep up the good work people.

Views: 80545

Replies to This Discussion

Devon CEO just on Cramer, he said they were trying to get 300,000 to 500,000 acres in a new undisclosed play.....

Fron the DVN transcript today:

In the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale, we have completed our first 2 horizontal wells in the play. The Beech Grove 68H was a short-lateral horizontal and had a series of mechanical problems but still managed to deliver a 24-hour IP of 186 barrels per day. This well is not indicative of what a properly completed long-lateral horizontal well can do in the Tuscaloosa. The second well, the Soterra 6H-1, is just starting to flow back, following the fracture stimulation. We are adding a second rig in the Tuscaloosa in March and expect to have 10 wells down in the play by year end.

Another section of the transcript

And frankly, we've been continuing to build, past the end of 2011, we're building on that stealth oil play position as we speak. And we see a path, frankly, for a position there somewhere in the 300,000- to 500,000-acre rage as we continue to build that position.

Encana reports earnings tomorrow with a conf call update.  Should be interesting.

Hmmmm.... I don't think a play they just talked about the results of a couple of wells could be a "stealth" play. The stealth play may be the brown dense, although they have already drilled a well there, or maybe something completely different?

Soterra IP - 35 BOPD & 267 BWPD; 2100 PSI ON 6/64" CK

SCOUT INFO

REPORT DATE WELL STATUS MEASURED DEPTH TRUE VERT DEPTH DETAIL
02/20/2012 10 16938 COMPLETED 2/7/12 AS A OIL WELL IN THE TMS RA SUA RES; PM F 35 BOPD; 2100 CP FTP; 06/64 CK; 267 BWPD; 38.2 GRVTY; PERFS 13108-16829' (ST: 10)

Bulldog, why would they flow the well on a 6/64 choke  while it was cleaning up?

Good question.

CHK did the same thing in the Haynesville to conceal the true potential of the early wells. The 6/64" CK is to negate media attention.

I assumed that was the reason, but wanted to have someone learned agree.  For Devon to play that game, one would have to assume that they are still acquiring leases in the play.  Otherwise, why bother?

I did in fact watch Chesapeake do the same thing in the early days of the Haynesville.  the Williams 22 and Feist 28 in T15N-R15W, were 2 of the very earliest horizontal Haynesvilles and I was on the pad or standing next to it as they were flow testing them. I think they IP'd the Feist 28 on a 3/64 choke!

Soooo, assuming the pressure is constant (if I can even assume that safely since pressure can be a function of the restriction in the line), I sometimes see the numbers 48/64 in connection with operating wells. Can you speculate a realistic flow rate for the well if left completely open, or even brought up to 48/64?

There is no way to extrapolate it out without multiple bottom hole flowing pressures and concurrent surface flow rates. It's anyone's guess. This is the game they are playing.

Does appear to be a game, why would one test on 6/64 which is 3/32?  Crazy.  I still wonder if the TMS is the stealth play that Devon mentioned in the conference call, said they wanted to acquire up to 500,000 acres.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service