We live in section 33, township 18 north, 10 west. My neighbors and I have not been approached with a lease yet, and where wondering if we are in the area that will be. Also, I was wondering if there has been some Doyline citizens forming a group to exchange info if there will be leasing here? Thanks in advance for any info!

Views: 98

Replies to This Discussion

Dena,

Snake needs to reply to this to give you a better answer! Until then, don't worry about being contacted-- they will get to us! The companies are leasing all the large tracts first. How many acres do you have? I'm in section 20 and they have leased 100+ acres around us so its coming just be patient. Oh-- do I need to practice what I preach! LOL
Thanks Taylor! My neighbors and I can wait. We were just wondering if we were on the shale, and if it something we need to prepare for and unite. I have about ten acres. One sees all the bad things that happen to those poor people in Texas, and how they were cheated in the Barrnet Shale on the media, well it makes you think. I think if we all stick together it will not happen to us here, given fare warning. It is almost like we are going to do business with the devil himself.
Good to hear we are in the same boat!!! Some folks are working on a meeting in Webster Parish--so I hope to meet you soon!
If you get a meeting in Webster, please let me know. I have a lot of minders, gas, Oil rights. In fact it is around 97
Thanks
Diane
drosalee@comcast.net
Hi Dianne: Yes, another person named snakestewart replied to this discussion, that there is one in Doyline, at the Union Elementry School gynasium, the 17th at 6:30 pm. Look at the reply that I got on this discussion on July 8. Thanks Dena
Hello Dena, I have reserved the gym at Union Elementary in Doyline tentatively for Thursday , July 17 starting at 6:30 p.m. Do not worry if you have to be late.This is a very informal 1st meeting , with a meet and greet session followed by a question and answer session. We have a lot to do but I know we can come together to get it done. Please bring pencil and paper if you would like to take notes. You may not be able to keep up with everything but it sure helps me to write things down.

We are nowhere near ready to begin negotiations as they are nowhere near the bonus levels that we will be offered in the near future. If you are in a big hurry , this group may not be for you.In this game , speed costs you money! Please look me up at the meeting if you are able to come as we are practically neighbors!

By the way , our group is the South Webster Association of Mineral Owners.Our contact e-mail is swamo@yahoo.com. We are one of a very few groups that are FEE FREE ! We do not charge a bonus or royalty %. Not bad for just being right up the road from you huh!
Hi snakestewart: I will be there at the meeting Thursday, and I will be bringing some of my neighbors with me. Looking forward to meeting everyone and exchanging info. See yah there! Dena
We look forward as well ! Have a great day!
Unfortunately I am in the Ozarks with a broken leg and cannot make your meeting but would deeply appreciate an overview of what you learn. My 56 ac. is in Webster close to Koran on the Bossier/Webster line. I have been actively approached by Petrohawk but given the cold shoulder by Chesapeake. I strongly suspect an "agreement" between the two giving Bossier to Chesapeake and Webster to Petrohawk. Their objective I believe is to reduce the financial damage to each based on the expanding bidding war.

Be aware that Petrohawk is pushing for boiler plate leases and "five year paid up" bonus structures. Thus they are under NO pressure to drill. However, if the bonus is strong enough, it MIGHT balance out with limited production royalties over a three (perhaps up to 5) year period. One advantage of a major lump sum is the value of the dollar will continue to decrease into 2011 and it is best to get what you can and concert it into silver or gold.

Good luck with your association...stay in touch, moth
Will do! Sorry about your leg. We will not invite any pro's for at least 2 meetings.If you have already been back and forth with them , this meeting would be remedial for you anyway!
Moth,

Sorry, I couldn't help but eavesdrop on your webster parish discussion with snake. Very interesting theory about converting to silver or gold. Doesn't that market go high while stocks go down? Tell me more...if you know.

Mom
HI Moth: Thanks for the info about Petrohawk, or may I say warning. If you do not mind, what did Petrohawk tell you? Yes, investing in gold is always a good investment, and it does not gain interest that one has to pay taxes on, but can gain value. I and we (meaning all on this page) will let you know about the meeting, and on others that follow. Sorry to hear about your injury, and that you can not come. Thanks! Dena

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service