I,m located 1 mile north of germantown. Our place is a total of about 190 acres. We were contacted by a middleman trying to start a pool. Bids are to be opened 08/15/08. Is anyone else in this area been contacted? This is area B2 on the webster map.

Views: 115

Replies to This Discussion

Who is the middle man? I am B1
ron black
I think that I read his name in North Caddo section. Check him out
I'm in this area live right down the road from you and I can tell you before Thursday's meeting there was 3100+ acres in our pool and I know for a fact there was more than 350 acres in OUR area that was put up Thursday night.
Tim, did anyone make any offers or were ya'll still just putting the acerage together?
No, they are still putting acreage together.
thanks tim got the fax
George, there were no solid evidence that Mr. Black has 3100 acres. There is a auction of land leases at some time that our land may be a part of. Looking at the leased land in south Webster and the interest in that area and the land that has been leased in a North by North-East direction form south of Lake Bistineau, you might form the opinion that the heart of the shale runs all the way to Union Parish and beyond. Land agents and O&G companys have crossed Claiborne parish from Ruston and are leasing for 1250 per acre. Mr Stewart may be right in that leasing now may cost us much. We don't need to pay anyone 5% to lease our land, unless we think we will be a part of forced pooling. That is in itself a bad thought. If you and others hold more than 50% of the land in a section you control your own lease values.
hey smackover , how many acres are in a section, and is a section a square mile ?
what percent is the middle man charging and who does he work for ?
George: I have a idea for you. Let's say you take your section of land I belive it to be section 19 and combine it with section 30 and section 25 and 26 and 20.Thats 3200 acres of mineral lease. That's what the landowners in most subdivisions in Shreveport and Bossier are doing today, inorder to get the best price upfront.
This idea isn't impossible, you and yours hold a lot of your section and can talk to the other landowners in your section. The twins are in control of section 30, Tim can talk to the landowners in section 25, Cloy in section 29, the Wingfields and Hermans in section 26. With 60 to 70 % of the landowners in each section signing the bonus payments could be good. More land equals more money.
Please don't think this middleman stuff is your only option ! Why not combine with the several thousand that we hold and become even more powerful. I regret choosing the name south webster , but the SWAMO part looked and sounded good. Any and everybody in this parish or in this area are welcome to band together with us. I certainly hope you know there is an open invite for all who want to better their possition. As we found out in the meeting today , even if a company has shown little to no interest in an area , they will bite on combined chunks. I believe the gentleman said 1,000 was a number that got the front desk every time.He was speaking of Chesapeake. A company that to this point hasn't leased the first acre in Webster Parish as of yet ! Lets just say we have a few chunks and would love to increase our voice as much as possible.

There are many families that make up the Shreveport Coalitions.But at the end of the day , we have an opportunity to have much more land then them ! We may be the largest as I type this .They ain't leasing families ! Get on board if you want to get paid. Its as simple as that. I wont beg anybody.This is grown folks making grown folks decisions!

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service