The time is approaching swiftly when we will be forced to start making those tough decissions that could affect us for generations to come. Do we really feel that we are completely prepared for this undertaking or are we just ready to start hearing some of those big offers ? This is a tremendous task that we face and I am curious as to the state of our minds right now. Please give me your thoughts as to whether you feel we are as ready as we feel.

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Snake, I am not going to accept $1,500 for sure, but do not really know what amount I will accept. I will wait for the offer and then make up my mind. I can always join your group after August 15 right? I appreciate your advice as I really did not understand it was an auction.
Hello Rose B1 , One of the main reasons we have waited to begin any type of negotiation was to make sure that everyone that wanted to be a part of us had that chance.If you are under a letter of intent then you are moraly held to that group per their terms.We are in no hurry and would want people to make the best possible decission for themselves. If studied and tried , our group will stand the test. We want everyone to be as comfortable as possible.

That said , after we begin talks with O&G's there will come a time shortly after that time when membership opportunities will cease.Even then ,we will allow all who have been standing on the outside watching to still have a chance and join.

Everyone needs to realize that $10,000 becomes $5,900 or so after taxes. That fast money wont feel the same after Unc. gets his mitts on it.
Mr. Snake: You know the best time to sell something is when someone wants to buy. What's the trend with the lease amounts as the O&G vultures are moving north toward Doyline?
Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how big a hurry we are in , we are of no interest to CHPK at this time. Not as a group mind you , just individually.The longer it takes to get us involved and signed the more you will make.They are actually doing us a huge favor by not trying to sign us right now because so many of my boneheaded friends and neighbors would sign right now even if they had to donate organs while they were still breathing !

I am beginning to feel the old PHK buyout thing again in my bones. This has slowed CHPK to an extent. Went to the meeting in Haughton tonight and listened to Mr. Kevin McCotter tell one of our associates how Webster wasn't a point of interest at this time. Yet they would be glad to entertain our group for its mass. I thought we were not a point of interest ? Everytime a clown says that from here on out it will cost them another thousand an acre when we do become their point of interest.

Overall the meeting tonight was a little bit of a dissapointment because you had to write your question down and then they chose what to answer. Kinda' like an open book test. The speakers were good for the most part. Just would have liked to have seen some live fire. Kinda like I had to deal with at our meeting. You can learn a lot about a fella' under those circumstances.The ones that are groomed kinda' stick out.The ones that aren't look human , hopefully anyway.

Sit tight guy's , speed still kills ! People that signed for $6000 a month ago would gladly trade places with you. Don't waste this opportunity. May be the only one you will ever get.
Hi snakestewart: You can count me in! Let me know if I can help.
I think it would assist everyone if we could compose a list of "essential" or critical terms which need to be considered in a lease. Obvious examples are the lease period and depth restrictions, etc. Most people are blinded by the dream of dollar signs (bonus and royalty) and may not take the time needed to really get a grip on the best lease conditions. This issue is at least as important as the money...if not more!!! moth
I dont think it is so much that Chesapeake is not interested, rather they can only cover so much at one time. One of the big limiting factors is being able to move the product to market. I work for a gas company with big pipe. I am talking 42" lines flowing 1.7 bcfd per line. The problem is all this gas is coming from the Barnnet shale and our lines are at 96% capacity with firm contracts. Other gas companies in the area are in the same shape. There is no place to put hugh volumes of gas right now. So this is going to play out slow. It took about 6 years to get the lines in place for the Barnnet shale. So right now they are not in a big hurry to sign up everyone one in north west La to 3 year leases. They cannot drill and produce and move all this gas at once. They are focusing in on areas where they know they will get good production and have access to pipelines that have room to move the product to market. This will be a long drawn out ordeal with new leasing going on 10 years from now. What doesn't interest them today will in 2 years, 5 years or later.
Thanks for sharing this information as I have 26 acres in Shongaloo, Sec 22, township 23 a north and range 9 west. My brother and I actually have together 40 acres. I own 6 acres by myself in the same tract and he owns 4 by himself. This is not included in the 40 even though it is all joined together. We have not be approached by any landman for leasing as yet. I realize it will take time for the companies to lease all the Haynesville Shale sites. However, I just want to be able to keep abreast of the situation. Thanks for sharing this information
Barbara Williamson
P. O. Box 324
Fordoche, La. 70732

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service