I've heard rumors that leasing is generally going as far north as T20, but not further. Does anyone have information on this, and have you heard of any shale activity as far north as T21?

Views: 38

Replies to This Discussion

I know some land was leased in T20n R9 down on the southern end. It was petrohawk and it was done in May. They leased up 3 differnet people who live close by, and they each had about 40 acres. There were Minden lawyers who were acting as middle men. All they got was 2500 an acre. I think they got took. I have not heard of anyone up in T21n having thier land leased yet.
We leased to BroadOak back in 2007, pre-Haynesville. We're a few miles south of Leton on Lewisville Rd. No drilling so far.
I am about one and a half miles south of Leton off Lewisville. BroadOak tried me but I did not bite. The landman claimed they were drilling within weeks. That was in March.
I hope so. But all I have is a aerial showing all the new wells in the CV Field.

Some just permitted in T21 in June. Fingers crossed. XTO

http://haynesvilleshale.ning.com/photo/photo/slideshow?feed_url=htt...
A company called CLAYTON WILLIAMS ENERGY INC leased some in 17 21-10 on 5 Aug but don't know much more about them.
You remember Clayton Williams? He ran against Ann Richards in the early 90s and lost. Big West Texas operator. Hope he is on to something. Hope he does not throw the low ball like BroadOak.
Not sure about the money but at least he seems to be giving 1/4.
That is what counts. Did he (the company) lease the entire tract or do you know?
Looks like he leased several owners not sure how much acreage total.
We will hear something soon one way or another. Once they come and start their line it sure will be different after reading this blog. I bet they pour over this more than we think. Some must wince.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service