Welcome. Make sure you read this. It will give you a feel for the beginnings of the site.

ALERT: If you have question about leasing in your area, be sure to join a specific parish group and post the qustion there.
Dig deep on here.

There is a alot of information. I am in the process of categorizing it, but it takes some time. The site began in late May and we have had over 1500 posts not counting the parish/county group discussions. Be sure to join your county/parish group. Alot of information is shared here and the discussions tend to get to heart of the matter. If you have a question about leasing in your area, this is the place to post it.

Also, get acquainted with the website. There are a bunch of gadgets on here, but they are easy to learn.

Click on "my setting" over in the box on the right upper corner of the homepage. This allows you to get to info on:

1. Account
2. About Me
3. Privacy
4. Email

Also in the sign in box are the "my friends" and "invite" links. As you post you may want to befriend people. This link sends an invite to them. Also, you'll see an "inbox" link. This is an internal priavte email system. No one can see this, even the administrators of the site. If you have it set correctly, you can get a copy of the message sent to your regular email. Also, in the box, you'll see a "quick add" ability. This speeds up the process of posting something.

Also. click n all the tabs along the top of the home page.

"Your Place" is the page where people can leave you comments on your wall. There is also a text box on "Your Place" in which you can enter simple text to tell us more about you or you can plug in html to put a "hyper link," "add an image" or "upload a document." If you are unsure as to how to do this, grab the nearest 5th grader. "Your Place" will also show all your pictures, blogs, video, posts, events, groups.

"Your Place" also has a theme which can be changed. To do this the "theme' link is under your profile picture when you are on "Your Place."

To keep up with the site I suggest using a feeder. Here are a few.
Add to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe in a reader

Alright, time to make your first post below. Tell us howdy or hello or whatever is on your mind. Thanks!

Tags: -, 1st, Make, Newbie, Shalers, here!, post, your

Views: 548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

$13,000 per acre, 1/4 royalty, 2 year renewable. I think the leases were for acreages less that 100 acres.
Sandstone. When you post news like this, you need to be sure of your source. I suspect that you are serious and think you just made some landowners in the area happy. Or at least encouraged. Yes, it sounds as if XTO is making a serious attempt to lease up the last of their unit acres in preparations for beginning development. As a general rule of thumb, no operator makes their best offer until they are ready to start development of a section. Care to share the sections-townships-ranges where XTO has taken these leases? And I assume you are saying that they are three year initial terms with two year extension clauses?
Skip, were you a dentist in a previous life?? LOL
I am VERY sure of my source. The only thing I am not sure about is it could involve some acreage larger than 100 acres also - not sure about that. I think Shell has most of the leases around the area with a couple of good wells ( Murray and Deep Woods)but it is S. Desoto and N. Sabine. Yes it is 3-year inital. Now, remember, the intent to lease agreement was signed back in the boom.
So a part of living up to the agreed upon price may be to avoid a lawsuit or to at least maintain Public Relations better than Chesapeake has.
Yes, Parker, I think you are right on the money with that opinion. The natives were definitely getting restless. HA!
Sandstone. These are leases that were preceded by letter agreements last year? Pardon me coming off dental. When information like this is posted to the site, it is incumbent that sources are checked and that important details are given. Many would be happy to entertain such offers.

I am aware of offers in the same bonus range that have been made in the past 30 or so days by other operators in other parts of the play. Upon closer inspection, there are logical and specific reasons for those offers. They are small in number and specifically targeted.
Yes, letters of intent were signed but there was no follow through and I think you are right about the selected targeted acreage.
Can you tell me specifically what has happened with the Lane #1 and Bowers #1 in Shelby Co. We were told our lease was next to be drilled by Petrohawk and all has been silent. They did surveying and showed us where the location would be and then nothing. I saw a post on here a couple of days ago that said some disappointing things to us. If anyone out there knows the results of those two wells and what Petrohawk's plans are let me know. Be kind!
Linda. I suggest you ask your question on the Shelby County Group page. Look for groups in the lower right column of the main page. If you do not see Shelby County, click View All and go through the list. The member there may have the information you are looking for.
I have seen various posts about the poster removing a previous post due to realization of error, misunderstanding, fear of looking like a [provide your own word], but "fool" comes to mind. How can the poster retract a previous posting he/she made after the 15 minute edit window has passed?

I'm not new to the site ---- but this is the only internet social network I have experience with. On the other hand you may have a place on the site that provides this information....
Martin. There should be a small x in the far right upper corner of your test box in the discussion thread. If you click it you will delete your post.
Skip Peel---
Dag Nab it! Just hadn't clicked around on enough things! Thanks a lot. Should be easier sleeping nights now....

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service