Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was a news report of a similar incident in PA, too. Did you read the comments following the article? One knowledgeable person stated that a test can link whether the gas in the water is the same from drilled well. Wonder who someone would need to talk to to get something like that done?

This is but one of the possible problems that can arise, another includes contamination from frac water disposal, then there's the drop in the aquifer levels as water is used for drilling.
Here's some more "interesting", after you click on the link, click on the slideshow & video links to the right. Pictures are worth ... bonus money?

http://www.nrdc.org/land/use/drilling/essay.asp
There you are .. this topic is just now catching up with HSW&E.
I remember a place in Indiana they had to put some kind of device on water tanks to vent gas. I saw the plumber light the kitchen faucet! That was just natural. There were no gas wells drilled anywhere in the area.
I have been told of an artesian well and fountain in front of the Grant Parish Courthouse that burned for many years.
Is it standard procedure for the water to be tested before, during and after drilling? Is it in the contracts?

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service