The information pertaining to not signing a lease agreement has been tremendous. I'm relying on it to be factual and not emotional or based on interpretation? It seems like it all comes down to “the bigger the risk, the bigger the reward”. With that comes responsibility on behalf of the landowner to follow up, follow through and track their own mineral production. The way I see it is that if you're going to be one of the "Haynesville Holdouts" that owns an insignificant amount of land in a subdivision you want as many of your neighbors to sign up as possible to let the drilling begin (so "mums the word"). You also need to realize that by holding out you are like the guy who works for a union based company who refuses to join the union, pay union dues and participate in union business (strikes) but gets all the rewards and benefits associated with the Union. If you're in a right to work state you can do it but if everyone did it there would be no union negotiating on everyone’s behalf and you would not be well liked by all the members who did join, pay dues and participate. As my mother used to say “If you don’t like the heat then stay out of the kitchen” (please don’t turn this analogy into a union debate and get off the subject of the Haynesville Shale). The question then becomes is it worth giving up 75% of the royalties to let someone else take all the risks and divvy up the proceeds accordingly?

Does anyone know of a website that shows a map and/or plat of the townships and sections of NWLA? One last thing, the latest term I've been hearing is "Landowner At Large" is that the same as "Forced Pooling (Consent/Non-consent) or is it even a term used in Louisiana?

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Mr. Stewart , From 1 Stewart to another , I happen to be in a right to own state . What benefit am I receiving from not playing along that I am not entitled to ?

I keep hearing about all this risk. What risk are we talking about here ? Am I as a landowner taking some sort of risk by holding out for a fair offer on the countries largest landbased N/G field in the history of O&G . CHPK and PETRHK's best wells ever ? 4 th largest field in the world. Should I take the $6000 and run with it? I believe not. That would be ludicrous! If you are refering to the risk the O&G's may be taking then you need to listen to one of their stockholders quarterly report meeting's , I have found them quite informative.

When you speak of giving up 75% of the royalties to let someone else take all the risks & divy up the proceeds, you have already done that when you signed that lease. Those proceeds are 100% mine as long as they are unleased. If the "risk" didn't outway the rewards , do you really think they would be shelling out bonuses of $25,000 per acre, 6 months into their outing. Heck , they are offering some in my area $12,000 an acre , even tho we aren't on the Shale or a point of interest ( Uncle Mac ) HA! HA! Wonder what we will be worth if they ever find out we are actually on the Shale ? Scary to even think !

It took 10 years on the Barnett to get those numbers , but then again they aren't even in the top ten fields. That should speak volumes all by itself but unfortunately it wont . Untold thousands will decide that they can't stand the heat and will leave the kitchen area with an inferior lease. This is a mighty hot kitchen. Thank you for your post. It really gave me something to think about this morning.
KB, I don't find it troubling at all that they charge for the maps. For them to print out 10 gillion maps and send them for free to all the shalers would be a waste of taxpayers money.
KB,
If you go to the courthouse and get copies, they charge you for them.
KB, is you want a good Louisiana map go to Barnes & Noble and get "The Roads of Louisiana" you better hurry because not long after this post they will be sold out. I have had a copy for over ten years, the new revised edition is better than the original. The maps have section, township and range shown on them along with every pig trail road and oil field in the state.
Nice tip 2dogs !
Better hurry Snake they will sell out soon. This new version is easier to read the township and range numbers. One of my Lessors bought one last week after I told him about the original version. That one was the first one that I have seen.
May have to order it on-line .
I bought one 3 weeks ago. The old version I used to have only had parish numbers for many rural parishes because there was no 911 and the roads were not named. The new version names all of the roads and is a great resource.
Here are a couple of examples of section maps I've done for our Beech Springs site in Webster Parish.
Sec 25.pdf......Sections Map.pdf

To access section maps like these, print the following instructions then open the link at the bottom of this post and follow these instructions exactly. Shortcuts do not work....be patient...the PLSS system overloads easily and will stall out if you rush it.

INSTRUCTIONS:
- Under INTERACTIVE MAPS, choose DOWNLOAD PLSS
- Allow US map to open
- Doubleclick on N La, allow the map to magnify, then doubleclick again....keep that up until townships become visible...continue until your target township is enlarged on the screen
- Click the "folder image" in the right hand "Layer" box next to the word PLSS (do not click the word PLSS itself OR the check mark...JUST the folder image)
- from the drop down list choose "Section" and allow section lines to populate
- In the Layer box choose "No Base Map" and the BLM coloring will disappear
- In the Layer box select the "folder image" next to the word Reference
- In the new dropdown the "Major roads " will already be selected...select "Roads" in addition so that so that local roads populate the screen

Now you can use the tool bar at the top to zoom in/out and pan as needed

Images can be saved as pdf files.
Good Luck!

Here is the link:
Public Land Survey System
Wow!
Wow is right. This is by far the best township, section, and range map that I have seen. Very easy to navigate. Thanks, goofy!
I see the point that you are trying to make, but to me it is not valid because Louisiana law gives the individual landowner the choice to lease or not lease. What other's think of that decision doesn't really factor in when it comes to making a decision. It is kind of like abortion which right now is a choice one makes. Sure it elicts strong feeling on both sides, but ultimately it is a question of what is legal for one person to do at that moment and in that situation.

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service