If you ask me, I do not believe that CHK and HK can drill all of this newly acquired acreage and hold it before a bulk of the leases expire....

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with Les B's comments re Chesapeake and I frankly doubt that Petrohawk will have to release much of their acreage, either. Petrohawk has 300,000 acres under lease, and of that 300,000 acres about half or 150,000 acres are HBP. That leaves 150,000 acres to drill during the primary term. 150,000 acres divided by 640 acres means that they have to drill 234 wells or so. Petrohawk will drill sections which have the least time remaining on the primary term first, where possible. They will not, when possible, use the two year option period, especially on the higher cost leases because of the extra expense involved. If you assume the 70 days per well (including rigging up, and rigging down) , each rig can drill 5+ horizontal wells per year ( many more than that if they drill vertical wells just to hold acreage). So 16 rigs can drill 80 wells per year which should be more than enough to put at least one well in every section they operate over the next three years and possibly not even have to use the two year option perion much, if at all.
If Petrohawk runs low on capital ($$$) they can easily bring in a deep pockets partner, much like Chesapeake has done. In fact, I fully expect Petrohawk to do so. Pipe and other essentials could continue to be a problem, but if you get a nationwide drilling slowdown, that should free up much of the necessary support items for the Haynesville Shale.
Heard yesterday that Chesapeake has all the 5 1/2" pipe bought up for the next 2 years. Also that a lot of re-enter and re-frac is being done to increase yield and HBP some acreages. Halliburton staying busy for next 7 years or so.
Don't forget that Chesapeake will have to drill much less acreage if they can get any of the 1920 acre units approved that their standard lease calls for.
1920 acre units won't happen!
Why not Spring Branch ? If they are voluntary units they dont go before the State for approval do they ? If mineral owners signed leases that stated the 1920 then they have already given their ok havent they ? I sure would appreciate it if you or someone else could shed some more light on this.One of the other good discussions about this subject has been deleted.
Thanks S.B.
HAVE HEARD THAT THEY WILL BE DRILLING ON SEC- LINE AND DO 2 SEC AT A TIME IN SOUTH DESOTO SEC- 22 AND 27
Old Hillbilly,

What township and range are you referring to? And do you know how soon they are planning on doing this? Thanks!
SEC -22 & 27- T- 11 - R 15 WAS TOLD THEY HAD A 8 1/2 AC PAD STARTED , THEY ARE TO GO NORTH AND SOUTH WITH IT
A neighbor in T9N says that Chesapeake is preparing an extra large site/pad at the intersection of 4 sections in DeSoto parish not far north of Pleasant Hill. He speculates that way 4 separate wells can be drilled with minimum transport of the rig. His point being that during the winter the woods in that area gets pretty bogy, making heavy equipment movement difficult. But who knows.
Martin,
Is this extra large site/pad going to be in T10 or T11?
BOTH , SPLIT THE LINE
now it all comes togeather 4 sections at a time one well , looks like we are in for a good one in southwest desoto

RSS

Support GoHaynesvilleShale.com

Not a member? Get our email.

Groups

© 2024   Created by Keith Mauck (Site Publisher).   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service